Changes to Player List Icons

I like the overall design of the player list overhaul, but it doesn’t feel like it fits with the current UI. I feel like the rest of the UI looks smaller compared to the player list. Even the player buttons look massive, and the padding around the premium icon and the name is huge, and it feels oddly spaced compared to the rest of the UI.

Is the rest of the UI also being reworked to match the style of the player list?

8 Likes

I don’t really have an issue with how it looks, for the most part, but it has far too much padding (around player names, for instance), and is offset far too much from the corner, making it just stick out and take up unnecessary space.

It also breaks roleset names in the top right corner, not allowing for names as long as you were able to place in, under the old UI.

Please, revert this change until the UI has been properly optimised to not take up ridiculous amounts of space (on desktop/laptop devices), as it just seems too inefficient compared to the old UI.

7 Likes

We will be shipping a fix to an unnecessary text truncation bug tomorrow hopefully so this will increase the amount of text that can be displayed in the leaderstats.

11 Likes

Any updates on scaling down the size or solving the issue with the offset on the left? Or do guys have no plans to do this?

5 Likes

Will the rest of the UI match it? Since it looks really out of place at the moment. Or is there a way to get the old scoreboard back through SetCore or something?

4 Likes

The scrollbar is currently behind the team color due to technical limitations and will be changed in the future.

4 Likes

Not to mention that, why is it forced numbers into values such as 1.3M rather than 1,300,000. It’s harder for developers in game, to see quickly how much a player has in that value without making a custom script to check the exact value.

9 Likes

Most likely. A notable example is the in-game menu that could be getting reworked in the future.

6 Likes

I too would like an option to roll it back, on a game-by-game basis in Roblox Studio, so that games that aren’t ready for a huge UI like this can disable it with ease and restore the former UI, for the time being.

6 Likes

The design of this player list is great, however the size of it in comparison to the previous one is quite large. It takes up way more unnecessary screen space than it should for a player list, and the padding between the sides of the screen is also much more than needed. I think this could look fantastic if scaled to match the size of the rest of the interfaces.

7 Likes

I just hate the fact it looks so out of place, not just by style and size but colour too. Like I am all in for redesigning the UI but then do it all at once not a module at a time :confused:

Especially for games that still rely on the default UI.

9 Likes

Is the size and location planning on being changed soon too? It is not the type of thing i will ever get used to, it takes up almost half of my vertical screen on my ultrawide.

6 Likes

This is a horrible redesign, look at the amount of padding it has. It takes up half the damn screen, you might as well put it smack dab in the middle. It doesn’t even fit the design code of the current user interface… Please revert, thanks.

26 Likes

Or at least allow us to disable it through a script using SetCore or something.

Edit:
I realized that it cuts off variable names after 9 characters, which is also annoying. So it truncates values, variable names and doesn’t look right. I opt for a revert.

Edit 2:
It only seems to do so when the variable name is a single word, eg “Reputation”; Not when it’s separated by spaces.

7 Likes

It looks so modern, I love it so much. Thanks to devs that did worked on this hard :open_mouth:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bumps

As a user with a lower resolution screen I can tell you it covers about 60% of my screen by width. For the height it’s relatively ok. (Don’t shame I still use a CRT monitor :zipper_mouth_face:)

3 Likes

I think they are planning on redesigning rest of core guis to match the new design needs

2 Likes

They should’ve done that from the start, not one at a time. It looks hideously out of place.

4 Likes

Then they should’ve waited for the rest of the user interface to be redesigned before releasing this out-of-place mess.

3 Likes