The position has been filled. Thanks to everyone who applied!
DreamCraft is hiring full-time 3D Artists.
Location: Remote US or UK, work from home (or in-office at Roblox HQ, San Mateo, California, US)
Salary Range: $50,000 - $85,000 USD / yr (paid monthly)
About Adopt Me:
Adopt Me! is the record-breaking #1 concurrent player count game on Roblox (WR: 640,000+ players online at once), delivering a best-in-class social pet adoption experience to our community of over 24 Million monthly active players. Adopt Me features an in-depth housing and avatar editor, a strong trading economy and vibrant social community - plus lots of very cute pets to take care of.
About our games studio:
DreamCraft is the studio behind Adopt Me. At the time of writing our team includes 17 diverse and talented full-time team members working in-office or remotely across the world. We’re looking for candidates who are skilled, experienced, and want to help make Adopt Me and future game projects even bigger and even better.
From a current Team Adopt Me 3D Artist:
Joining the Adopt Me team as a 3D Artist has provided me with an enriched creative environment where each day is a collaboration toward a new feature or asset. There is a strong feeling of mutual effort among my teammates which challenges me to produce the best work I can, in a fun and exciting way. Since joining, I feel incredibly supported in every way imaginable and get to start each day within a wholesome, inclusive space!
- A diverse team full of creative, talented people. Learn and share knowledge, do great work whilst making friends and having fun.
- LGBTQIA+, POC / BAME, neuroatypical and disability friendly working environment. We have a zero tolerance policy for transphobia, sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination.
- Be a part of a growing independent video game studio with a hugely successful game, a place where talented people are empowered to do their best work in sustainable long term jobs. We want you to be happy and work here for many years!
- Competitive pay, with company benefits like healthcare coming in 2020. We encourage team members to take time off and take care of their physical and mental health. We try our best to avoid crunch - we want to be a zero burnout studio
- Opportunities to grow and to lead, to have significant impact on our products and to meaningfully contribute to our direction as a team and a company.
- “Full-time” roles averaging 40 hours per week - work your own hours from anywhere in the world, fit your work around your life (whilst still doing your best work).
- Help create or support something that adds genuine value to the lives of millions of real people across the world.
- The opportunity to build something ambitious, to raise the bar, to break records and be a part of one of the most innovative studios on the Roblox platform.
- Be curious, want to improve yourself and others
- Care deeply about our mission of creating best-in-class game content that kids will remember long into adulthood
- Take ownership of projects and be willing to lead
- Empathize deeply with others and believe our games can be vessels for social good
3D ARTIST - ADOPT ME - FULL-TIME - REMOTE, US or UK
- Model and texture high quality 3D assets for use as props, character art and environment art.
- Conceive of creative new ideas for in-game content that fit with our roadmap goals and themes.
- Introduce new techniques and content pipelines that push the limits of the Roblox platform in innovative ways.
- Ensure all assets are beautiful, fit within our established art style, and have an acceptable level of performance across PC, Mobile and Console platforms.
- When necessary, implement your assets into the in-game environments to create seamless and immersive play experiences.
- 1+ years experience as a 3D artist within the games industry, or a similar industry.
- An understanding of design and design principles.
- Strong skills in C4D, Blender, Maya or your preferred equivalent.
- Strong skills in Photoshop.
- Experience with Substance, Quixel or your preferred equivalent. In-depth knowledge of PBR.
- A good understanding of color theory.
- 1+ years experience working with Roblox Studio
- Able to produce quality work in both high and low poly art styles.
- Excellent communication and time management skills. Good written and verbal English-language skills (our team works in English).
- Knowledge of interior and exterior space theory, or other spatial design concepts.
- Experience in Z-Brush or sculpting software equivalent.
- A Bachelors of Art or equivalent qualification.
- Experience working in a large distributed team.
- Skilled at sketching, and other 2D art skills.
- Additional secondary skills you can use you inform your work. Wide variety of skill sets.
- A creative nature, with a desire to solve problems.
- Pay will be competitive and negotiable. Est. $50,000 - $85,000 USD / yr, based on your experience
You must be 18 or older to apply. To apply for this job, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “3D ARTIST” and include a copy of your portfolio in PDF or web-hosted format, CV / Resume, and a brief overview (cover letter) of why you want to work at DreamCraft.