Cloud Localization Support Extended to 45 Languages

Hey Developers!

As some of you may know, we recently released additional language support to the Cloud Localization Tool suite! Many of you have been wanting to use our tools to support languages like Russian, Filipino, Italian, so we have added all those languages and more. As Roblox works on expanding our native platform support to many more languages, we want to make sure all of you had the tools to develop ahead of us and bring your experiences to more audiences around the world. With this update, you get:

Support for 45 languages in the cloud localization tool suite

After navigating to the Configure Localization page for your game, select “Add Language” and you will see the extended language list in the dropdown menu. Once a language is added to your game, you may proceed to localize it like any other language!

Language List
  • English
  • French
  • Spanish
  • German
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Korean
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Chinese (Traditional)
  • Bulgarian
  • Bengali
  • Czech
  • Danish
  • Greek
  • Estonian
  • Finnish
  • Hindi
  • Croatian
  • Hungarian
  • Indonesian
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Georgian
  • Kazakh
  • Khmer
  • Lithuanian
  • Latvian
  • Malay
  • Burmese
  • Bokmal
  • Dutch
  • Filipino
  • Polish
  • Romanian
  • Russian
  • Ukrainian
  • Sinhala
  • Slovak
  • Slovenian
  • Albanian
  • Bosnian
  • Serbian
  • Swedish
  • Thai
  • Turkish
  • Vietnamese

Playtest capability in Studio for all languages via the localization plugin

If you want to playtest your game in any of the 45 languages, head over to the Localization plugin in Studio, select it from the list in the dropdown menu, and playest away!

26%20PM

Extended player language selection support on platform

Players can now select from the entire 45 language list on platform so when they jump into your game, they will be served localized content in their preferred language immediately.

Please note that roblox.com does not yet support all 45 language on platform. We currently support English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Korean and Japanese. Any player that selects a language not in the aforementioned list will see English on platform but will be able to see localized content in-game immediately when available.

Additional References:

We hope you guys enjoy this update and we are looking forward to seeing your games go international!

Shoutout to our amazing team: @CarefulQuokka @ChiefFelix47 @sugreeva @vxulox @yuckybucket :slight_smile:

102 Likes

45 Languages!

Glad to see more languages being supported.
I don’t personally use this tool but I believe other developers will be excited to use these new languages, such as Russian and Filipino, as well as the other languages to come potentially, and to use to integrate them into their game.

Thank you dev team!

10 Likes

This is incredible. So many languages in such a short time is an amazing feat, especially given the rate they were released in the past. Thoroughly impressed, good job team!

6 Likes

Wow! Can’t believe that Roblox now supports 45 different languages as compared to Spanish and Portuguese from back then! Great to know that Roblox will become more international now, time to translate my game into as many of these languages as possible!

7 Likes

Yay more language support = more people on Roblox = more fun for everyone!!!

Now, Please Please PLEASE (with a mountain of cherries on top) add support for Arabic :smiley: I’ve even mentioned it here

7 Likes

this is amazing! one step further to making the international experience as authentic as the original.

3 Likes

This is really good! One question though: Will there eventually be a way for us to add entirely ”made-up” languages, in the way that Minecraft for example has a ”Pirate” language you can select?

6 Likes

I would like this too. In the case of Minecraft, I use Shakespeare English and it’s funny. I feel like it gives the game character, and shows that they went through the effort to do this even though very few use or even know about it.

3 Likes

Nice post!
Look like all fonts isn’t support in-game for Thai language.

6 Likes

Finally! I’'ve been waiting for this addition for a year now and I’m excited to meet it finally this time! Thanks for the support extention :+1:

2 Likes

I’m super glad to see this new change and I really hope even more languages will be supported in the future, like Norwegian!!

2 Likes

Bokmål is available to be selected, but not Nynorsk. However, it’s unfortunately not in the list of supported languages on site (maybe that’s what you meant).

4 Likes

Nice! Now we can finally add some of the popular languages that were missing before.

But when will we have Portuguese from Portugal instead of just Brazilian Portuguese?

4 Likes

Some languages on the list are not supported by the fonts in-game and appear as boxes. Hindi and Thai (as Rxztr mentioned) are two I know of.

6 Likes

Noob language incoming :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great update but when will RTL Languages be supported (Hebrew, Arabic, etc…)?

4 Likes

Russian is finally supported :grinning:! But there are a few pretty much useless languages such as Ukrainian and Kazakh language.
People from both Ukraine and Kazakhstan speak Russian fluently (~95% of population). Because of additional languages, people from Ukraine and Kazakhstan don’t see the Russian translation in-game due to their language automatically being set to something other than Russian.

4 Likes

Localization is a big part of games, I am glad to see this feature!

2 Likes

I speak Ukrainian but have trouble speaking and reading/writing Russian. It really depends on the region you’re from.

3 Likes

Finally! We don’t need to use our own localisation system in our services anymore! Now, we can easily localise all strings automatically according to the player’s language.

2 Likes