Decals on R6 character limbs are now incredibly distorted

Reproduction Steps

1. Create an R6 character
  2. Apply a decal directly to a non-head limb (Torso, Left Arm, etc.)
  3. Observe the decal is incredibly distorted and sometimes not on the right face

Expected Behavior
Up until recently, the decal would appear like so:

Actual Behavior
Now this occurs 100% of the time for both in-engine and in-Studio:

This occurs for both NPCs and player characters. Looks like it’s related to something with the Humanoid:

(Humanoid chars on left, non-humanoid chars on right)

Workaround
In the case of a Torso, use the ShirtGraphic instance. However, ShirtGraphics do not support layering or multiple sides - meaning this will not always work. Other limbs and multi-sided decal applications have no immediate workaround.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-12-03 06:12:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-12-03 00:12:00 (-05:00)

7 Likes

I confirm that this bug is also happening in my game:

Expected rendering:

Actual rendering

What’s strange is that it doesn’t happen the same way everytime. For instance, I also got this rendering:

My game has been suffering from two other rendering | issues recently at the same time and this gets annoyingly added into them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

Sorry about this. We found the source of the issue, so this should return to normal now while we continue to investigate. Thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

Can confirm it is fixed. Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.