Development Team - Looking for Low Poly Builder [CLOSED]

Hello everyone,

My name is Sanjay. I’m live in the US and I’m a college kid trying to find ways to pay for my increasingly difficult-to-pay college debt. The point of this post is to reach to other people on this platform that are facing similar struggles.

A few months ago, I started to create a game and fell short due to the lack help I had and by doing so, failed. As crazy as this sounds, I want to start off to say that every aspect of this project can be done by me. However, instead of taking on every task like a madman, I think it’s wise to disperse it evenly throughout via a group of people.

Some of my work for an early (discontinued) game can be found here: [CLOSED] [50% or less of Revenue] Looking for another Coder

Concept

The planned aim of this game is to establish a system where every month(set interval) an update would release and the theme of the game would change to the theme of the game. Limited items would be obtainable per theme and would no longer be obtainable once a new update is pushed. It’s suggested that “restocking” of new content would allow the game to remain fresh and otherwise enjoyable.

Example:

In the month of January, update X is released. The theme of the game switches to the theme of update X and all limited items in the update prior are no longer obtainable and update X’s drops/items take it’s place and so on and so forth.

Won’t lie. That’s all that I’ve come up with and I plan to brainstorm and/or design further aspects of this with a team. To me, more feedback equals the increased chance of a better feature than to go with the bias of my own.

In my eyes, the purpose of a team is to collaborate on a project. Just because I made the post doesn’t make me the “head dev” or “lead”. Every member is equal and gets to decide on the direction of the game.

Team
@EggYolked - Builder/Modeler(Low-Poly) / 40%
@sanjay2003 - Coder(Front-end or Full-Stack) / 25%
@Airwarfare1 - Coder(Back-end or Full-Stack) / 25%
@Runiros - Coder(Part Time) / 0%
The remaining amount(10%) will be going to ad funds to help boost up the game when a stable release is made.

*may increase in numbers but that’s only if all members are willing to add another person
*more members equals more people to divide the revenue with

About The Job

All positions are full-time and start in the Summer of 2019. Expect to be actively engaging as an equal member of the team and every role builds a better end result. The amount of time, work and quality you put in can equal the amount you and your peers can make.

Payment

I know that this is a hot topic these days so, I rather come clean early before you expect something you won’t get. As a college kid, I don’t have enough money to pay you upfront. However, if the game makes revenue, the revenue will be equally distributed to all members of the team. The amount of work, time and effort directly affects how much you’ll be making and I guess you can use that as a motivator to pay for college. I know I will.

Contact

Before contacting me, I will only accept applicants that are in college and/or the age of 17+. I’m looking
to help lessen my college debt and I’m hoping that you feel the same way or find yourself in a similar situation. If you meet the above specifications, you can contact me via replying to this post, sending me a DM on the forums or contact my disc @ Sanjay#3282 .

Much thanks for reading my empty post. :slight_smile:

Edit: We have a gameplan as of now. We use trello as a workflow manager.

2 Likes

Few developers work for percentage, and those that do are not of “high” quality (most of the time).
I’d suggest learning a skill/talent, whether it be programming, modeling, etc… Start freelancing, earn up a little cash until you can pay talented developers to help achieve your vision

1 Like

in my opinion it is absolutely right the majority asks but does not meet the quality requirements

If I had the time, I could do this entire project on my own. However, the amount of man hours vs the amount of time I actually have don’t make it practical. Even if I were to make money off of what you described, I wouldn’t pay it out. Realistically speaking, I’d use it to pay for college. Percentage = long term whereas a commission would be short term and I’d eventually end up doing everything myself.

But if you don’t have no money to pay them, then they will not work for you. Just like Capt said you should learn other skills to get money, so if you want to do a project with a team you will have the money. To pay your developers to.!

It’s similar to a startup. In the beginning, you start off un-profitable. As you build your MVP with a team or by yourself, you have certain opportunities that will drive the product to the next level. If I pay someone upfront, I pay them for temporary work which leads me back to square one with doing all of the work myself. However, if I build a team that’s willing to take the risk in order to reach a higher goal to pay off debt or whatever it is that they want to do, that’s potentially a win for everyone.

Depends on how the agreement between both parties is finalized. Instead of doing a single payout it could instead be a “trust transaction” where you give a reasonable sum of payment in exchange for agreeing to work longterm for % .

This practice however varies on if the client can be trusted or not, as a strangers word is worth little when there’s no official contract enforcing it.

Unfortunately, trust is in limited supply these days. If I give a reasonable sum to someone to work long term, I’m essentially paying up front. That person can opt-out and never respond back. There’s no point in having a legal contract if 1). You can’t enforce it & 2). The person could possibly lie about their age.

I’m willing to work for the percentage until you can give payments so I can get more exposure for my work and eventually get a good job at a big studio on roblox

Contact me via DM on here or Discord @ Sanjay#2382 .

Still looking for people to join the team. If you meet the requirements:

Please do contact me via here or on disc @ Sanjay#2382 .

Coder positions have been filled. Looking for low-poly builders. Reply, DM or disc me @ Sanjay#2382 if you meet the requirements. Would love to meet you!

Alright, so you have 3 coders and 1 builder… :thinking:

Two coders, a part-time who wants to learn about game development and a builder.

That’s right, but because they are far more experienced than I with bigger projects, I will only be helping with smaller tasks as they might not even need me. Also, although the post doesn’t say it yet, I decided that I won’t be taking a revenue percentage from it, at least not until I play a bigger role in the future. And I would even be fine with a capped pay then. For now, I value learning more than anything!

1 Like

I have a question, Why hire 3 coders and only 1 builder?

Because I’m not a full-time member. Also, he isn’t hiring three coders because he isn’t hiring himself :smile:. So, essentially, there will be two main coders and a builder.

Still looking for low-poly builders. Reply, DM or disc me @ Sanjay#2382 if you meet the requirements. Would love to meet you!

Well agreed, percentage is always the ideal of payment and more understanding

percentage is always the ideal of payment

Wait what? So you are saying you’d rather get a % then be paid for a job?