Dislike Botting

Just last night my game got botted with 2,000 dislikes. The rating went from 86% to 6%. It was doing so well with about 40 players in the server every once in a while. Now it’s just getting around 8.

I’ve been working very hard to get my game and group to grow. It’s been doing really well in the past few weeks. I’ve even been getting close to the point of crying for how much support I’ve gotten. But ever since the rating went down, the game hasn’t been the same ever since. I would really like to get this topic out there for developers that are working hard on their games/groups to be ready for things like this. It’s very disappointing to see all your work slowly being taken away just because one person decided to affect your game.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do when these things happen? Or what I could do to prevent it?
I’ve already contacted Roblox but I fear it’s won’t be any help.

11 Likes

So I never had a experience of me getting disliked bot, but I would contact Roblox Support about this issue, since they can resolve the issue.

I guess that’s what I much have since it’s a Roblox issue with some popular small games and letting it happen.

1 Like

Hmm I think you could make like a group and a discord server and use a bot called bloxlink and you could use it so people can verify and you could make a role for your group called verified (people who are verified in the discord server) or guest so that people would have to join in order to play the game or delete your game and copy it in order to do this so your game doesn’t go to waste, I hope this reply helps you find a solution and good luck!

I believe this is a time ROBLOX needs to fix the rating system. The system discourages new developers from making games and allows bots so easily to ruin their passion.
I saw berezaa’s video on this too. Passionate developer’s games (and games that actually have time and effort) are also undiscoverable. And when they do run ads, bots, and people who just don’t like the game dislike it, rather than disliking it because it’s a money grab.
ROBLOX should improve the rating system and discoverability systems, firstly by removing cash grabs and putting games that have had effort put into them on the front page.

14 Likes

Hello. My game has not been getting disliked by botting, however it has been getting dislikes everyday from trollers who think it’s funny to dislike a game they played for 2 seconds. It’s really annoying because you spend several hours on the game, and this is allowed. I wish there was a system that they must be a part of the group or something.

1 Like

The exact same thing happened to our game. We made a thread about it here. About the gist of it is to contact Roblox and wait.

The botted dislikes did eventually get removed but it took forever and there was virtually no communication from Roblox. By the time they got removed we had already quit the game. It took a few months. I hope you have a better experience than us.

4 Likes

Well actually, if we’re going to see this issue the way an account can dislike a game, is that they should have a verified email. So, I recommend you should message Roblox Support to terminate the bot.
Once you reported the bot they will probably terminate all the bots, though it will depend if they have the same verified email.
Also, ones you report this via Roblox Support I recommend you should have a picture of the botting game dislike so that they have confirmation your report is true.

There’s no way to really stop this from happening. Since it’s so easy for bots to like or dislike. Like others have said contact support ans wait.

The only way for roblox to stop botting for likes or dislikes is adding another captcha system for likes which makes it much harder for bots to work around it. Of course there are already some that bypass the captcha out there but it takes longer to work and more expensive, so lots less of people have access to it.

1 Like

Roblox is actually creating a new rating system! It’ll take into account more than just likes and dislikes. I imagine they’ll be adding a captcha to it as they’ve done to groups.

2 Likes

I’ve had a very similar issue, and I believe many other developers can say the same.

My game was disliked manually by someone creating several different accounts, by several I literally mean over 75 (This is verified, as he was reported to me via discord making said accounts with similar names by people in-game) I should also mention this person was banned for trolling, bypassing the filter, and being toxic to visitors in general. These mass amounts of dislikes would appear over a span of three days, and has brought my game to a 69% ratio, which looks terrible and I cannot get out of it as SO many people have now voted on it. It still happens from time to time, but luckily in smaller amounts, and most of my ratings now are actual people.

I tried to make a newer topic on this issue, and suggest something about the like/dislike option, but nothing has changed. I think fixing the issue with this like to dislike ratio issue is one thing Roblox should try to do this year, as it would be beneficial to many developers.

Links:
OP of the described topic: How about we introduce a Feedback System when disliking games?
My reply to said topic: How about we introduce a Feedback System when disliking games? - #10 by BIoximus

1 Like

Maybe lock the game to group only so random bots can’t just dislike it.

1 Like

Please do not use this category for anything other than game design support questions.