Dismiss New no longer works after recent forum maintenance

Bug: Pressing “Dismiss New” does not clear all topics in the new tab anymore.

Reproduction Steps:
Go to new topics in DevForum (https://devforum.roblox.com/new) and click “Dismiss New”. As you can see, it doesn’t clear all new topics.

Intended behavior:
It is supposed to clear all topics.

Workaround:

First Experienced: After today’s forum maintenance (7AM PST/ 10AM EST/ 2PM EST)
Last Experienced: 7:50PM UTC/ 3:50PM EST

Note that @ItsKoiske briefly mentioned this issue in the topic they created, but that topic is more about the forum operating slowly. This one is about the dismiss new issue.

4 Likes

Now you need to press Select All first, very annoying to get used to.

1 Like

Managed to Dismiss New on my end just then, could you try again?

For now I’ll chalk this up to Forum operating very slowly since the maintenance - #16 by ittrgrey rather than being an actual functionality bug.

3 Likes

I can Dismiss New now, but the only way to do so is to spam click the “Dismiss New” button for 10 seconds.

Pressing “Select All” before pressing “Dismiss New” works when you click it but you were previously able to just press Dismiss New without doing anything. Don’t know if this is intended from the new update or not.

1 Like

I don’t think what you’re describing is very accurate based on what I’m seeing myself, maybe check the Network tab. My assumption is it’s sending off a request when you click it the first time and it’s just taking a long time to process. No need to spam the button.

Closing this in favor of other thread RE: forum performance

1 Like