Dogu15 Rig [Layered]

Depends on how you want to do it.

Some bends can clip through armor / outfit.
Bone Deform accessories can always help.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but I think Roblox might have recently updated the character rig meshes. Fixed by updating the DefaultR15 model. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Dogutsune for making this cool rig open-source!

2 Likes

I don’t know where this screenshot was taken, but that looks like it might be my ConvertCharacter script. Regardless of whether I’m right about that or not, you’ve reminded me to fix my script, haha. I just updated it so now it should work right away. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for making it! It probably is yours haha

I have planned creating a Girl Torso as an alternative.
I have to wait for a while, since… Uh. I got a 7 day ban for a stupid reason.

4 Likes

If you happen to change tool grip position, there might be an issue. It’s not on my part though.

Glad to see you’re back with updating the rig! Looking forward to using it in more of my projects soon :eyes:

Dogu,will this work with packages such as ROBLOX Boy,3.0 Man Package and in extension Robloxian 2.0?

I believe Roblox plans to do S15 rigs in the future.
This is why I don’t really plan to do them (as a commission or a free asset).

Dogu15 is a stylized rig, which is my own personal creation.

3 Likes

Proof?

I didnt know ROBLOX plans to do that.

1 Like

Will you ever make other models of this, such as the Robloxian Package or the Boy/Girl character packages? I love using the standard blocky character, but i’m working on a game that needs the non blocky, smoother characters.

1 Like

I have decided to not make non-classic characters, since Roblox plans to expand upon mesh deformation rigs.

Basically, I don’t want to create a thing Roblox will make at a later date.

I’m not sure if this was a mistake but in your game when i remember there is a torso girl version being used but mine seems to be fat and the hips were scaled wider a bit (it didn’t happen to my character before)

It also supports Rthro despite that the torso shape weren’t like this since 6 months ago

1 Like

I have a question, how to use this? I tried finding a tutorial on how but I can’t.

It would be nice if you made a tutorial about this but cool

Added a small note to my post. Not a call out, but I’m letting some people know.

1 Like

For some reason, when using the legacy deform, the character will occasionally go invisible until the player resets. Any idea why? I am not doing anything weird or special with it other than loading it in and applying custom accessories to the character.

LegacyDeform is an old version of the rig and had few flaws.
Have you tried the Deform rig instead?
Were you resizing the character after loading the bodyparts?

Is there a way to use Dogu15 on other Roblox rig types or custom rig types? For example, using a custom rig but still being able to use Dogu15 on the rig.

I wanted to use it but I noticed texture z-fighting issues around the knees and elbows when Roblox clothing is applied.

Probably the best release in devforum! Thank you :slight_smile: