Don’t know username for Right-To-Erasure Request

Hello everyone. I haven’t been on ROBLOX for a while and noticed my inbox was filled with right-to-erasure requests.

This is what the message says:
Please delete this User ID immediately from all of your records (e.g. games, data stores, etc.) from the following Game(s):

The problem is that I used a free model script for the datastores as I wasn’t that good at scripting when I first started out on ROBLOX.

The script saved the data as datastores instead of keys under a single datastore. And it stored it by username and not UserID.

I am extremely scared and i don’t know what to do. Will I get into legal trouble?
Please help.

4 Likes

Use this to remove the player’s data: About GDPR and CCPA | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

Hello, thanks for your reply.

The thing is that the script saved data based on the username (free model script i used back then)
and they only give you the userid so I can’t find the username to delete the data.

I’m really anxious about this.

1 Like

Page returns a 404, likely because the data has been cleared. The username is stored on a datastore but I can’t do anything because I don’t know what username it is because we are only provided a userID.

1 Like

Use the DataStore Editor plugin to wipe out the data, if you’re unsure which datastore it is. You can press the 'List Datastore’s button in the bottom of the menu and maybe you’ll remember which one.

1 Like

I had this same problem before for one of my datastores but it wasn’t being used so I deleted the whole thing.

1 Like

I don’t see any list datastores option

1 Like

Sorry, it should be blue and say ‘List Stores’

1 Like

Is it the datastore editor made by sleitnick?
I don’t see anything here

Also each players data was stored in an individual datastore

for an example mine would have been

game:GetService(“DataStoreService”):GetDataStore(“FrepzterStats”) or something

Is ur plugin updated? It popups up for me? Download it from this post:

Thanks this might’ve put me one step closer.

This is really helpful, but it’s stored by their username and I don’t have their usernames as I said. They only provided the User id.

If this is not possible I’ll have to run through every single username and see if it exists, the problem is that my game has 2.3+ million visits.

Is there a way to check if a username exists or what should i do?

I don’t think there’s any way to get the username of the UserId since it’s already cleared, it’s no longer in their database. Make sure you use UserIds from now on. The only solution is to delete all the datastores, but that’ll be a major problem if people still play your game. I’ll try to look for other solutions right now, but I don’t think its possible. I’ll tell you if I find anything.

alright thanks.

I don’t know what to do, I’m really scared that I’ll get in legal trouble.

and there are a ton of datastores since datastores were per player.

I feel like bursting into tears.

Don’t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure u have a couple weeks to do this, assuming that you just got the request. I did some digging and it turns out someone managed to get the username through the ID, but they didn’t say how.

Also I suggest changing the title to ‘Don’t know username for Right-To-Erasure Request’ so people who know the answer could help.

Some of them are months old, i feel like crying as i have no power here.

Ok so I found out that if you contact Roblox explaining everything, they might be able to give you the username. Try that.

But some of them are months old. Idk if they would still store these.
And i have no way of telling either, it will be a bunch of information that needs to be deleted that I don’t have and information that roblox potentially doesn’t have. I’m honestly extremely scared and i don’t want to get fined or get in legal trouble over a script i implemented when i was 12.

Well you never know, contact them and tell them the UserIds. Say that you need the usernames to delete the data and that the requests are months old.