[Feature Request] New category in Platform Feedback for avatar-related features and bugs

I feel like feature requests and bugs for Roblox avatars should be separated into a different category from Engine Features/Bugs. Avatars are a pretty massive topic on their own, even sporting their own dedicated team, yet most of the avatar bugs are all across the Platform Feedback category.

This is also a sample thread that was posted to Forum Feedback that was never addressed:

I feel like a dedicated category for avatar feedback would help the Avatar Team and engineers better focus in on avatar-related issues, rather than mashing them up across all threads. There are avatar and catalog issues across web and engine feedback respectively: a quick search can reveal this.

3 Likes

With the recent announcement of UGC, I believe we need an Avatar category. An Avatar category will be beneficial due to threads like those listen down below. The Avatar team would also be able to check this category more conveniently and handle appropriate bugs and features.

Threads that may pertain to avatar may include;

I am not totally sure if these pertain to the Avatar team.

And adding onto that, this video also shows a pretty good reason to add this category as the Avatar develops more and more:

I don’t think there’s enough of a use for a category as specific as this.

Humanoid features / issues - Engine
Avatar features / issues ingame - Engine
Avatar features / issues on website - Web
Catalog asset issues - Not worth a whole category. eg. Gear isn’t likely high priority so nobody will read bug reports, and afaik art tweaks seem kind of hard to make (see: Crimson Claw’s wing size still being small despite the demand for them to be made larger again now that collisions work properly).

We have one feedback category for each part of Roblox’s deployment (so per application scope, i.e. Studio, client (=engine, all-encompassing for anything to do with run-time), platform (= web), documentation (= developer hub), mobile app (= mobile), xbox app (= xbox)).

Avatar/UGC is not really a separate component of the Roblox deployment so it doesn’t make sense to have a separate category for it. It’s part of the platform (= web), so web features/bugs. I recommend using topic tags to further specify what the topic’s scope is.

If you’re not sure what category you should use you can always send a message to @Post_Approval (even as a Member) to find out the best category for your post.

3 Likes