Feedback on my SCPF - PART 2

PART 3:

Decided to make part 2 cause the old one was cluttered.

RTX… ON (not literally):

MY PC WAS DYING AT FUTURE LIGHTING AND FULL GRAPHICS, I DONT HAVE A RTX CARD AND MY PC IS CRAP

Some feedback and suggestions would help a lot!
Sorry for the pink neon, that was my selection box

part 1:

9 Likes

This looks amazing! You’ve done a really good job!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not even a builder and I’m not experienced or anything!

We all start somewhere haha! And you must’ve been building before this, because it is really good!

1 Like

Heh, well I’ve only built around 20 things in my past… maybe I’m just talented at multiple things

1 Like

Just made the game public, so you can check it out yourself!

Oops, did a small mistake with the title

I’ll be sure to check it out when I can, thanks!

It looks awesome! Really cool, keep up the good work. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate it.
i need 30 letters here

You’re considering best possible outcome first hand. Most of the time people don’t have the tools to play with RTX on or even with smooth gameplay, some players even happen to play at 15fps because they don’t have the resources, and you can see that the average player happens to have economic systems that are not dedicated to gaming: their pc is almost never worth $700.

So why is this important? Well think about potential. Considering that the average player doesn’t use RTX or even quality level 10, you might have to play around low quality.

I like the places, specially the hallway, but for the first and second places it feels a bit dark, I know it’s scp but think about there being real people building in a realistic way, they’re not going to make it dark just because scp is dangerous, they’re going to build it in a way that it looks comfortable to the average person, then, in the deeper levels things get dark, not by the construction but by the reduction of maintenance there is: some lights are toned down and some walls have dark scratches on them.

If the first two places are hallways on the top section, a less dangerous section, try and make it have light gray colors and give it a small window that goes through one side to the other, that is wide but short, that you can see the mountains it is located at.

1 Like

Great idea! I have been told about this once, but I did not listen. Ill try it out!

When you say:

If the first two places are hallways on the top section, a less dangerous section, try and make it have light gray colors

do you mean something like… this?

it might not seem very different, but i boosted the ‘stripe’ colors a bit

or is it still too dark?

I noticed when you said

give it a small window that goes through one side to the other, that is wide but short, that you can see the mountains it is located at.

What do you exactly mean? The mountains won’t be there unless the hallway was showing on the side of a cliff or literally floating in the air.

It still looks dark. Maybe you can use a better illumination, but know that people never build structures with black colors, they more often use a light gray to try and make it feel visible.

I’m saying light gray not exactly that gray. It’s more like silver, like platinum.

Well, I was thinking, if you put an aesthetic of the SCP foundation being in the antarctic zone, you could try using the terrain tools to build the place as if it was in a cold area. If the mountains won’t be there then scratch it, I just thought the place was located in a snow-full area and that the mountain was part of the place. I was thinking you could play around the scenery.

Let me keep it simple.

I was thinking you use the terrain tool to make it snowy so it feels it’s a far-away place. If your place is not in the surface, then ignore it, as I said.

Ah sorry, i dont pay attention.

The hallways would be underground, im starting from the class d chamber room and working outwards

Does this look good? It’s not that bad actually!