Frequent Groups Endpoint HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Starting around May 31st, my game and related services have been encountering frequent HTTP 500 Internal Server errors from all groups.roblox.com API endpoints. The error I get from external services is:

HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start

Page URL: https://groups.roblox.com/v1/groups/3246817/relationships/allies/14622155

18 Likes

I have also been having problems relative to the Groups API. I haven’t been able to load any groups on either the website, desktop or mobile apps on any account. I have also been unable to load into certain games that for instance require the user to be in a group, or checks their rank in the group. The only output from this is the error ‘Player:IsInGroup failed because HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)’ and nothing else. I have also experienced errors in studio as the game I have been working on (and that is due in a matter of days) returns the same error. This has been ongoing for at least 12 hours now.

5 Likes

I can also confirm I am also having problems with the Groups API. Getting the same stuff as all the previous posts and was confused why people weren’t talking about this more. Turns out for my friend everything is working fine however so it seems only a few people are having these problems.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

21 Likes

I wanted to quickly add on that I am also having issues with the Groups API and as of a couple minutes ago I’m also now having issues with the Users API on a separately hosted server. (Edit: This has seemingly fixed itself now, however Groups API issue still persists) Glad to see other people are having this issue as well, as I was starting to get confused as to why I couldn’t see anyone else having the issue.

Accessing Roblox from a different IP address (tried this by connecting to wifi at another location and going on cell data for mobile - I assume VPNs would also work with this) seems to fix it for me, however once I’m back on my original IP address the issue persists.

6 Likes

This is starting to or has affected game teleportation that relies on groups. It also seems to be affecting admin systems (like Adonis) that use group ranking; effectively demoting admins if the game uses that system.

Quite disruptive.

5 Likes

Not sure if I am having the same issue but as of a few days ago I can no longer access my groups at all and just infinitely loads with the message “Unable to load group info” like this pic below. It only lets me view my groups if I am on my mobile phone using my phone data. If I am on my wifi at all it doesn’t let me view my groups.

5 Likes

This is the same issue I am experiencing. Doesn’t matter what device I attempt on, logged in or not, it is constant with this same page.

3 Likes

Yeah, issue seems to be resolved after I turn on my browsers’ VPN. Issue also persists on my mobile device and other browser applications.

3 Likes

Ya for some reason it seems to affect our home networks, VPN etc. seems to make things work. It only affects me on my home wifi on any device that is connected to my homes wifi, if I go on my cellular phone using my phones data not on wifi it works fine. I hope they fix this soon cause it’s so annoying.

2 Likes

I also happen to suffer from this same exact issue. I theorize that this issue has also caused a few plugins I have installed to not work properly as well, one of which being Moon Animator 2.

2 Likes

I am having this issue and it is preventing me from accessing groups on the roblox.com website.

TEMPORARY FIX:
Connect from a different IP or use a VPN

2 Likes

I can confirm that this issue is happening aswell. Everytime I try to visit a group page I get “Unable to load group info” Any ETA on when this will be fixed because this is really annoying

2 Likes

Some good news regarding this, I’m unsure as to anyone else, but I am now able to access the group page again, and the Groups API is working both ingame and studio. So glad its fixed after (at least) 4 days!

2 Likes

Group page is now working for me, began working around 2 hours ago.

2 Likes

Can confirm that its also working for me too. Thanks a lot to the Roblox team!

2 Likes

I am also now able to see mine as of now Roblox seems to have fixed the issue! Thank god.

2 Likes

I can also confirm that I am also able to finally view and join groups

1 Like

I am still encountering this issue, sadly.

4 Likes

I’m experiencing this issue too. I made a bug report but it’s a duplicate so I’ll just repost the info here in hopes of hopefully finding the issue and coming to a resolution quickly.

System info:
Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics @ 3.90GHz
48GB DDR4 RAM (47.9 usable) @ 3200MHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070Ti

iPhone 14 Pro Max on iOS 16.2

Backend log info:
User ID: 605492589
Place IDs: 13667512479, 6289365295, 12413055648
Time it started was around 10PM Atlantic Daylight Savings Time, however I made a request specifically for this issue at 11:48:59 PM on June 10 2023.
Console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()index.htm - Pastebin.com
I’ve uploaded logs and ipconfig to the private content box.
I have no other information on this issue.

Expected behavior

All group APIs should be accessible on my network.

A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes