Future Is Bright: Phase 3 - Studio Beta

That looks awesome! I will definitely put this lighting feature into some of my horror games, that thing looks out of the blue amazing. You do deserve some more fame from that thing, the black thing behind that pillar adds a more horrific tone to it. You did a great job with using the new lighting system for that.

I love that so much it is so cool.

2 Likes

:smiley:

30 Likes

roblox doesnt even support 4k right now methinks

1 Like

This is from the future. Anyways enough with jokes. I have been using it for a while it is amazing in MY OPINION. FIB3 helps with my game projects and lighting. You need to fix some shadows in my opinion it does not match up. In my opinion I will give it about a 9.5!

3 Likes

Just wanted to bring this to the attention of Roblox engineers considering this is the current announcement thread about lighting, that reasonably recent unannounced changes within the past 9-10 months have had a negative impact on visual elements inside all lighting modes - please see all of the bugs mentioned in the thread below:

6 Likes

Some project i am doing and using Future lighting to build it because its not going to be done for a bit but here is a look at my teams scene!

i think the lighting looks much better than from the past and will make our game look amazing.

19 Likes

the nostalgia is real in that image

4 Likes

This looks amazing, what game is this?
Btw how do you get so many trees and not tank gpu?

PointLights look like they have a “border” around them. Will this be fixed?

14 Likes

Quick question @vrtblox

Is sun disabling planned for an update?

Sorry if im going too off-topic

1 Like

I’ve started to work with this more, and i don’t think it’s workable with VR mode Roblox…

My place is barely complex. with only a few lights. and yet… i’m getting sub 40 FPS… which is very no-go for VR games… (less than 5000 parts+mesh parts. 95% of meshparts are so few triangles they can’t be optimized)

If staff want to reach out for a copy of the game map so they can diagnose why my performance is so bad, feel free to DM me.

7 Likes

It looks really smoth and realistic. Really cool for a showcase.

I have a question.

Future shadow type can increase lag?

1 Like

Yes, every graphical update would cause more lag no matter what just depends how much it causes. And also there’s a post right above your’s talking about the lag on VR.

Do you know why there is more lag using VR than playing with keyboard and mouse instead?

not sure what you mean. but you can (and could) disable sun (and sun shadows) by setting its intensity to 0

5 Likes

really love this lighting!

29 Likes

Awesome man.

I like it so much it’s so detailed.
Is that part of your project or just for fun?

Like blender, when you remove the light, you remove/disable the light of the sun

Impressive, looks really scary indeed