Get your game on the nice list - the Winter Sort!

They don’t promote small games there. Only big games with little Christmas content

Unfortunately they don’t post small/new games. Only big games with little holiday content

I don’t get the point- like what’s is it for?

Person299 Custom Minigames is applying again! and we’re hopeful that they will select smaller developers, we’ve been planning for this update ever since th Halloween sort went live and we’re excited to share what we’ve got!

See you on December 15 for our Winter update!

1 Like

Will we get a message too saying our game is on the sort?

Hey @koaffle,

2 questions;

1. For option number 1, do you want to put in there the current name of the game or the name you’ll be changing it to? (for example, a lot of games, including us will change the game-name to something like [WINTER!] ActualGameName)

2. Is a co-owner / co-founder / someone who is allowed to speak on behalf of a company or owner allowed to apply for it’s game?

3 Likes

I can see this name is to make it open to all religions/beliefs. However would adding Christmas music to my game such as “jingle bells” result in it not being eligible for the sort?

No, there’s plenty of APM “Jingle Bells” type songs:

However, songs like Jingle Bell Rock, which are copyrighted, don’t count.

So I’m Trying To Understand This So On 17th We Will Be Told That We Are Eligible
Or If We Fill The Form Out We Will Be Eligible

1 Like

Good luck to all yall who doing this event/builder i hope i see some good place :slight_smile:

Applied I hope to see massive snowball fights!

Jingle bells is a thanksgiving song originally, so :man_shrugging:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is really exciting but I have a nagging question. Will smaller games be featured in the winter sort? I feel like smaller games are generally missed and skipped over in “events” like this so it would be really exciting to see some more be featured.

1 Like

@DesiredLion

Refer to the game as its (ActualGameName). However, if you submitted a title similar to “[WINTER!] (ActualGameName)” thats also fine, and you don’t need to resubmit.

Yes, this is fine!

2 Likes

We consider all appropriately themed games, regardless of their popularity for the sort.

3 Likes

Having holiday music inside of your game would not result in your game becoming ineligible for the sort.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Just finished my update and connected it to a Boolean so when I feel its time, all I have to do is set it to true and publish!

Does the theme have to be there as soon as the sort goes live or can it be there a few hours after.

1 Like

Your game must be updated with a winter theme/update by December 16th.

2 Likes