Having to modify "Override high DPI scaling behavior" just so Studio doesn't appear blurry and poorly scaled

This also started happening to me again a few days ago (around the same time other users have been reporting it), regardless of what High DPI setting I have, and I still have the Windows 10 DPI Fix. It works just fine in Studio, but my Roblox Client runs in 1536x864 even though my monitor is 1080p.

I’ve had to resort to many different workarounds over the years to fix this. For years (ever since I got my PC in 2018), I would have to fullscreen Roblox using Alt + Enter & exit fullscreen to fix it. That broke a year or so ago so I’d have to manually modify “Override High DPI scaling behaviour” every time Roblox updated. This also broke last month, so I had to resort to this which doesn’t seem to work on the Client anymore:

3 Likes

Is this an automated script that will automatically override the dpi settings when roblox is updated or only when you launch the program?

Is it anyway different from the code from my post?

3 Likes

cc @Isuati52 @Scarious

1 Like
3 Likes

While this might not be “normal”, it looks a lot better so I will keep using the override (personal preference). Thanks though!

1 Like

On my screen, disabling DPI scaling causes everything to become unreadably small. How does it look better for you, are you using a 1080p screen and should be using a 1x scale factor globally anyway?

1 Like

i have a 1440p monitor with 1.25x scale. i haven’t tried any other scripts because my own script works fine as it only requires a single click per update.

my script makes studio sharper and more clear to read.

1 Like

Apologies, I appear to have misunderstood what you did. I thought you were disabling the DPI scaling when you were actually enabling it in the compatibility settings.

This is indeed intended behavior.

1 Like

Seems roblox has still not fixed the issue, but now broken this fix. Do you happen to have a new fix?

2 Likes

He’s currently making a new fix, unsure when that’s happening.

3 Likes

This doesn’t seem to be working anymore with the recent Roblox update. I am not sure if they’ve mistakly broken it or not.

2 Likes

Unfortunately they seem to be intent on pushing functionality that changes expected behaviour without announcing the changes. Looking into potential alternatives since this does make Roblox virtually unusable.

7 Likes

What’s with this?

Nvm, I tried it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Can the staff give us an update on this? The bug has existed for months now and even our patch for it has now been disabled. The playing experience right now is very ugly on my monitors, I imagine its the same for tens of thousands of users.

10 Likes

Hello everyone,
We hear you. This is an extremely subpar user experience, and we want to fix it ASAP. We are currently anticipating a late May early June rollout for our High Dpi Scaling compliant Studio.

8 Likes

Thank you for the update. Would it be possible to reenable the ClientSettings folder flag patch we were using until the Dpi scaling issue is officially fixed?

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be really great. And I am pretty sure there were other useful FFLags too.

1 Like

Thanks, while you’re at it can you make the Roblox client retain the High DPI Compatibility settings that are defined before the shortcut is overwritten every week. (at which point I have to go into the shortcut again, select compatibility, set the override DPI mode to use ‘system’)

This gets wiped out every single time the client update is pushed out.

The Windows settings? I used to try these before, but it didn’t really reset it back to like 100% DPI Scale

The only thing I can’t understand for PlayerBeta is how it was deemed acceptable to blow up the GUIs to such a huge scale, obscuring valuable screen space.

I don’t like this.

I do like this (how it was before).

I would hope that this is fixed at some stage since the workaround to disable the new scaling behaviour is no longer functional.

2 Likes