Hitting enter in a textbox places a carriage return before finalizing input (broken again)

Pressing Shift + Enter in the script editor reproduces this error 100% of the time (at least for me).

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this helps much but before the update was reverted, playing on mobile fixed the issue for that specific player. The issue was on PC only.

1 Like

It usually uses blank spaces when you type a space, but now with this bug all you need to do is press enter after you typed nothing in the chat. I’m pretty sure it is related since it has to do with the enter key.

2 Likes

Broken again, at least for Studio Windows10. Sanitizing chat input fixes it, I recommend doing that. Repro script in the first post produces the (incorrect) results.

3 Likes

Can confirm that this is happening again, every message sent through a text box is ending in a carriage return on studio and in-game for my mac. Haven’t tested yet on windows.

1 Like

This has been an issue for me too. Pressing enter in a textbox causes a space.

2 Likes

Also occurring again with all PluginGuis:

Pressing "Enter"

Manually clicking the Search button

Looks like the same flag that was re-enabled earlier is causing the same issue.

4 Likes

Noticed this bug earlier as well and made a baseplate to figure out what was going on.
ExtraCharacter.rbxl (45.8 KB)

I can’t use a plugin of mine that searches for an item by typing in its id into a textbox because of this bug, which has essentially halted progress on a certain game system.

2 Likes

This is happening for me again, it breaks my ability to test the admin system I’m currently working on in studio because “fly” is a command but “fly(carriage return)” is not. Really hoping this gets fixed so I don’t have to open it in-game to test every time.

2 of my plugins broke because of this.
2020-08-22_11-14-09
2020-08-22_11-13-23

Note: Sound Library is GollyGreg’s, but I fixed it.

3 Likes

@0xabcdef1234 This bug seems to be back

5 Likes

It’s back for Macs only, as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Windows 7 user there. Like I mentioned earlier, 2 plugins of mine broke because of this.

1 Like

Also am experiencing this today, I noticed it while trying to use the Tag Editor plugin and it was adding a really hard to track down carriage return at the end of newly created tags :grimacing:

2 Likes

I am now currently facing this problem where when I type a word in the toolbox and press enter, it automatically puts a space after the word leading the results like low quality/spam items. This is a very annoying problem. Many people are facing it. Is there some sort of way to make it stop doing that?

Pic:

1 Like

I’m a Windows 8 user and it’s happening to me.

Sorry, I’ll reiterate.

The issue using the Chatted event is occurring to Mac users. As far as plugins and related items go, it appears that it happens to everyone.

1 Like

This issue is happening to me in Studio on Windows 10.

1 Like

The issue here (always carriage returning upon pressing Enter in studio / sometimes in-game, especially when holding CTRL) is caused by a FFlag created and turned on two days ago named ImmHandlerFixJapaneseAndKorean2, and is turned on for all platforms + studio. Turning this off in studio through FFlag editing fixes this problem in its entirety, though it can’t be dealt with in-game.

9 Likes

This seems to be causing the Tag Editor plugin to stop working too… tag names created with it seem to have a newline character at the end of their names which makes them unusable.

2 Likes