Holiday Developer Game Jam Matchmaking Thread!

Greetings Developers,
I’m ElytronRocher and I specialize in high-poly realistic buildings.
You can view my past works and portfolios in my profile.
I’m looking for developers of other talent to join my team, working alongside me.

ROBLOX: elytron - Roblox
Discord: Elytron#2863

I work in the GMT + 8 timezone though my availability can span over 12 hours.

Hey! I’m CodeJared, I’ve been programming Lua on Roblox for around 7-8 years now. I’d love to be apart of your team. Send me a message on the devforums or my discord CodeJared#1888 and we can further discuss ideas for this Game Jam!

Update of our team, we have:
-Builder
-Scripter (Me)

We have open slots:
-1 Builder
-1 Scripter
-1 Animator
-1 Modeler

[closed]
Hello, Im Wizard101fire90 or MapleMoose
I have been on the platform for almost 5 years and scripting for 1.5 years.
I consider myself to be between Intermediate and advanced scripting.

My most complex script so far is my matchmaking system (Which I’m currently upgrading)
Aside from my own, I have done work for 2 other games in the past(currently unreleased): 1 and 2
I can be reached either here on the forum or on Discord: MapleMoose_#8826

Hey everyone!

I’m MaximussDev, a programmer of ~2 years on Roblox. I’ve decided to start a team with @JuztHoney for this Game Jam! We’re looking for…

• A modeler who specializes in low-poly (preferably using meshes)
  • A scripter who’d like to split the work (I have a project I’m releasing mid-game-jam, so I’m not going to be able to work on it 24/7). This one IS NOT required and we will start without it if need be. I’d still prefer not to though, because I don’t want to be the reason why this team fails if I end up not being able to work on it enough.

My portfolio (I’m adding to this right now, this is a pretty old portfolio): [CLOSED] MaximussDev's Portfolio | Scripter
JuztHoney’s portfolio: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/open-juzthoney-ui-designer/621865

We do not yet have an idea.

Thanks! (please DM me on Discord with a link to your portfolio, and your job, if you’d like to join!)

Discord: MaximussDev#6689 OR Honey#3003

STATUS: Now closed. Good luck in finding a team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Closed for now.
Hello! I’m an advanced builder, environment designer, and UI designer. I can do basic modeling. I’m looking to join/ create a team!

Hey, Everyone!
I am Spelo1, an 17 years old Scripter! I’ve been on Roblox since 2014, and started actively learning Roblox Lua since October of this year, and would like to join someone team for this Winter GameJam!

I’ve had experience with a team before, but we couldn’t finish the game, as our team builder abandoned the project! As I am not working on anything right now, I would like to gain more experience in game development!

I’m also trying to experience other fields, such as UI Designing and GFX, but don’t rely on that too much, since I just started learning basics of those and had no real chance of doing real work in that field!

Examples of my work!
Plane System

https://youtu.be/nsJPJZwRBTM

Inventory/Placement System

https://youtu.be/3uZsrOHLhOY

Gates System

https://youtu.be/AwAqpP6r-L4

Right now I am available to Script most of the time of my day, my timezone is CET!
You can contact me either through DM on this forum or by adding me in Discord: Spelo#1219
Hope we will be working in the future :slight_smile:

Open for hire
Scripter

Hi, I’m intvrstellar.
I’ve been scripting on Roblox for a while now and I’m interested in joining a game jam team.
I’m familiar with the Roblox platform since 2013 now, I’m competent, active, and I will be a great teammate for the project!

intvrstellar#6496

Hi,
I’m Hawkyria. I’m a builder/modeler.
Hawkyria’s Portfolio (Builder/Modeler/GFX) - Collaboration / Portfolios - Roblox Developer Forum

Hawk#8404

So! Our team is looking for an animator, especially one that has experience in combat. Our game is going to need a ton of animations so there will be a lot of work. DM me here or on Discord @SubjectLoser#4683. Thanks!

I am an intermediate programmer. I have made a few places before if you are interested in checking them out!

If you are interested my discord is jumbopushpop112#4800
Looking forward to this chance!

Hi there! I am experienced as an Artist, Lead Builder, Terrain Developer, Map Creations, Asset Creations, Gamepass Designer, Logos, Clothing Designer, UI, and a Game Concept Designer. Looking to join an experienced team who is committed to having fun, and encouraging one another in our skill sets!

About Me:
I have 3 Roblox toys, 1 of my avatar, and 2 from my game Shark Attack! Shark Attack is in the Roblox Top Adventure Games Book, and I’m in the Roblox Character Encyclopedia Book.

Some Games I’ve created:
Shark Attack! Shark Attack! 🔊 - Roblox
MacDonaldsville MacDonaldsville 🔊 - Roblox
Pet Island (co-owner) Pet Island - Roblox

Some Build Examples:

Crystaljpeg

Interested? Please shoot me a DM here on the forums. Thanks for reading!

Hey! You can call me Jay, i’ an experienced 3D Graphics Designer that is willing to participate in this Game-Jam! I have almost a year experience in this fied and looking forward to meet new people!

Can’t wait to work with a team soon! To contact me add me on Discord

jxyvzz#0001

Hello! I’m Fire540Games, and I and mainly a programmer. At the moment I do not have a portfolio, so I will include pictures and videos of my best work below.

My Work:

Building Game:

This is my biggest project so far. I am currently working on this, and it will most likely be finished by early next year. It is a building game, with no goals other than to build things on an island. It features a procedural island generator, a building system that mixes both terrain and parts, a plot system with up to 9 players per game, a day-night cycle, and an inventory with a variety of different walls, floors, terrain types, furniture, foliage, and more, all built by me. I also have a saving and loading system for player-built creations, but it is not complete yet.

More pictures and videos

Island Generator:

Inventory UI:

Color Picker UI:

Main Menu UI:

2048:

This is a copy of the game 2048 that I created in 3 days.

2048 - YouTube

Island Generator:

This is a procedural island generator that I made earlier this year. I made it following a tutorial series by Sebastian Lague on YouTube, and although his tutorials were done in C++ in Unity, I was able to convert it to lua in Roblox, and add a few features my self like trees, height-based terrain materials, and biomes.

Island Generator - Roblox

More pictures

Island:

This is an island that I built over a weekend just a few weeks ago. This game doesn’t have any scripting in it, just building. The trees, bushes, and waterfall are from free models, but everything else was done entirely by myself! It was fun to get to mess around with terrain and lighting, since that’s not what I normally do on Roblox.

Island - Roblox

More pictures

EDIT: I have already found a group, but we are still looking for builders. If you are a builder, PM @WooleyWool if you’re interested in joining our group!

1 Like

I am a regular builder who works with @prohriday and we are looking for devs in every other field :slight_smile:

My discord is Arnav24avi#6214

You can also send me a DM

Does anybody need builder? Reply to me if you want to invite me to team. :grinning:

My skills

• Unions
  • Part Position
  • Building

i am still looking for a team to work with DoubleFall#0608

Spawn_Area.PNG

I’m looking for someone who can build and animate to join my winter game jam team :slight_smile:

You’ll be working along side me, @Sir_S, @Mariofly5, @Operatik and @HazSun

Please get in-touch via DevForum private messages or Discord (Webmotion#3176) and provide some examples of your work.

7 Likes

Been scripting for around 1 year, look at my portfolio (click on my devforum profile to find) to see some of the things I’ve worked on. Looking for hardworking teammates.

Hello I am scripter and a UI person and am looking for a team to join. [For Hire] UI Designer