Horizontal scroll w/ mouse wheel breaks camera zoom and instead tilts camera

Just happened to me on a Razer viper ultimate

I use this mouse too and it happens WAY too often

Annoyingly, this is still occouring for me!
It’s been occouring for a long time. Systems which use CTRL+CLICK to build must suffer from this, as you sometimes hold down CTRL & scroll to get a better view

Overall, it’s CTRL+SCROLL WHEEL that messes up this.
I wish this could be fixed soon.

1 Like

The likelihood Roblox actually ends up fixing this is pretty low, as I stated before they said they were going to fix the issue but never got around to it. Its either that or their fix didn’t work.

What I can say is to merely avoid using the scroll wheel while holding down the Control key. Although a little complex, you’ll get used to it.

Hopefully Roblox addresses this concern, and in the future, fix this issue for good.

2 Likes

Bumping this with little hope of any action being taken. This bug has been around for months now. It’s 100% reproducible yet it’s still not fixed.

• Games that rely on Ctrl being a commonly used are hardest hit. It’s detrimental to gameplay in a lot of cases.

• This bug is reproducible by pressing Ctrl while zooming. It only happens in live games, and is not dependent on the mouse type. (I’ve tried it on Logitech, Razer, and Corsair mice). Once broken, the only fix is to completely rejoin the game.

Video of the issue being replicated
https://i.gyazo.com/3c400025eaac9025b0e7dcfa265fa8c0.mp4

If anyone has any temporary fixes I’m completely open to hearing it. This bug is completely ruining the gameplay for a lot of my game’s players and at this point I’m taking any fix I can get.

3 Likes

just noting that while it produces the same effect, this is distinct? from the bug you’ve mentioned, which is noted in this other bug report. two separate actions that cause the same effect, and that both seem to be present or not present in specific live games.

1 Like

This is an intended feature actually. It’s there to make it easier to scroll a scrolling frame horizontally.

1 Like

You can directly modify the Camera module to remove this feature actually. I’ve done it before but I’m not sure what happened to the place file.

I’ll see if I can replicate this fix again and get back to you ASAP.

However, for the most part, there’s no temporary fix besides just disabling the Control key which by itself sounds like a huge problem that shouldn’t be made.

3 Likes

Issue is still happening. I’m on macbook and this issue is present without even pressing ctrl or doing anything, making most games unplayable. Issue is same on my windows computer, but is triggered when scrolling while holding Ctrl. Please fix

2 Likes

I had this issue and I can’t fix it as well as I can’t rejoin because Bed wars makes different worlds for every game, it’s horrible I hope Roblox fixed it. I can’t place anything.

3 Likes

This bug has been going on for 2 years now, and has yet to stop occuring on both my Trackpad, Wired Dell Mouse, and Wireless Logitech mouse.

None of these have horizontal scroll wheels.

3 Likes

Bump, still happening to me. Using a Logitech M185 mouse.

5 Likes

Bump, still happening.

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 650 Wireless.
Keyboard: SteelSeries Apex Pro.

3 Likes

Same thing happening to me as well. I’m using a Macbook Pro with a Logitech MX Master 3.

2 Likes

Can confirm, this is still happening.

4 Likes

True, And now it happened in my OWN GAME. It’s so hard. I had to lock my game with modal dialogs and first person view :frowning: I also never even have a horizontal scroll mouse.

5 Likes

Putting in my contribution to the eternally unfixed but extremely annoying bug.

Games that emulate modern FPS controls will bind CTRL to crouch, and will often use the scroll wheel to switch weapons. Guess how many times players need to switch weapons while crouching behind cover?

3 Likes

such as islands and bedwars? where control is for camera lock.

2 Likes

Sure I guess? I don’t actually play those two, but the point still stands that this is a bug that’s very easily replicated on purpose or by accident, was first reported almost two years ago, and adversely affects the player’s experience. It’s absurd that it’s been unresolved for so long.

2 Likes

Bumping again, issue seems to derive from the ctrl button for some reason since when I hold it then scroll then release and keep scrolling it appears to start the issue. This is really annoying for games that bind certain actions to ctrl.

3 Likes