Horizontal scroll w/ mouse wheel breaks camera zoom and instead tilts camera

i can confirm that this is still happening to me in games and that the only way to fix it is with I and O keys

5 Likes

Unfortunately this is intended. If you have a trackpad you canā€™t turn this stupid control scheme off, ever. People (including myself) have been asking for an option to turn it off for months but nobody listens. Maybe now they will?? I would much prefer the old experience rather than this new trendy gesture crap.

8 Likes

Looks like theyā€™ve reverted the change for now.

6 Likes

They appear to have fixed this on windows computers, however as a mac user, I have had to deal with this for the past 4 months, and continue to deal with it now. Could roblox possibly revert this feature on mac as well until they fix it?

7 Likes

I think this happened a while ago, but I just want to say that mine is working now. I use a logitech m305

3 Likes

Iā€™m still having this problem, and canā€™t zoom properly in any games. (MacOs).

I have a Logitech MX Master 3 which has a horizontal scroller. (Even though I have configured the horizontal scroll wheel to only adjust audio volume).

10 Likes

This same thing just happened to me. Sad.

6 Likes

This issue is not isolated to only logitech mice. My mouse is RR8 BANE Gaming Mouse and my friend has a non-logitech mouse and we both are having this problem

9 Likes

It may be to Roblox not knowing you are using a mouse that is not built in the computer. This means that possibly, 3rd party software is the answer. But, I wouldnā€™t risk it. I have a MacBook running Catilina and I do the scrolling fine. So it may be what OS or version of the OS you are using.

3 Likes

Would also like to add that utilizing the horizontal scroll also breaks ROBLOX Studio vertical scrolling. I think thereā€™s a roblox horizontal scroll issue everywhere.

4 Likes

This just began happening today for me, and is a considerable hindrance on my ability to play my own game.

11 Likes

For me it happens Vertically, this happens rarely and this bug is really ticking

EDIT : Itā€™s pretty much already been found out that when you hold ā€œCtrlā€ and then ā€œscroll your mouse wheelā€, you can trigger it easy.
Itā€™s sort of easy to commit this accidentally, there is no fix but to Rejoin the game Manually

13 Likes

It doesnt seem fixed on some Windows computer

15 Likes

Holding Left Cntrl/Alt + Scrolling forces this behaviour. It pretty much breaks zoom and you have to rejoin server to fix it. Is there a temporary fix for this at the moment that Iā€™m not aware of.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve made a separate bug report for similar, possibly related issues involving pressing ctrl:

8 Likes

This bug makes it impossible to play on games like Blockate, because in that game, you hit control to access the build menu; But the issue is control activates this bug for me. Roblox, please fix this.

8 Likes

Nevermind, but it still is pretty annoying when it happens. Blockate changed the keybind.

6 Likes

I tried to play a Roblox game today and itā€™s still not really possible because of this. Itā€™s awful user experience when Iā€™m stuck in a close-up camera zoom

9 Likes

Bumping this because this bug is back again. Iā€™m a bit annoyed because it makes playing games annoying because you have to hold down control. I am on a desktop and not a laptop too. I have a Logitech G303 if thatā€™s relevant, so no side scroll.

15 Likes

I think this might actually be a problem with a change to the camera script. Games that fork the camera script and use an older version donā€™t have this problem (zooming works consistently on some games only).

7 Likes