How to fix my custom menu camera being overriden?

Do the following:

game.Workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame = CFrame.new(game.Workspace.(CameraName).CameraOrigin.Position,game.Workspace.(CameraName).CameraFace.Position)

my guy please stop asnwering your just making new ways to do the samething not solving my issue

You said you need help. Your camera script that is coded below is incorrect. I know this because I’ve used this script before.

I’m trying to help you but you are not being clear. You’re saying that the camera doesn’t work, I am showing you why.

This should be in a different local script in ReplicatedFirst. your code should be this:

local ReplicatedFirst = game:GetService("ReplicatedFirst")
ReplicatedFirst:RemoveDefaultLoadingScreen()

I’m doing the best I can to help you. What you’re doing isn’t very nice. I am offering my own time to help you yet I am receiving that message which is disheartening.

You said you have used this script before implying I copied this even though I made all of this and all of the suggestions are different ways to do the same thing such as making removedefaultloadingscreen but in a seperate script even though it does the same thing. I even tested it.

Your RemoveDefaultLoadingScreen() setup is wrong. Please read this: Customizing Loading Screens | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

As for your camera, is it a part? I don’t know. You don’t just copy and paste my code, you see if it fits with your game’s circumstances.

I didnt copy and paste this code. I made it for my game under my circumstances. I also looked at that article before and it doesnt say anything wrong with my code. The article merely says to call that removeDefautltloadingscreen it doesnt say if you have to use getservice or even the position of it in the code.

The article states where to put those 2 lines, you just need to read. I am no longer going to help you since you aren’t being helpful. I wish you the best of luck.

you dont need getservice and you are not getting what the article says so I cant really implement your methods

The following first sentences in the api class:

You always need to use the GetService with services.

Not in the case with replicated first as it is a part of the data model so I can simply access it like I would any other aspect of the game in the datamodel with game.Workspace". Even with all of that, it doesnt fix the issue with the camera even though i tried all of your methods.

Hello! can you add a wait() before setting the camera?

script.Parent.Parent:RemoveDefaultLoadingScreen()

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")

local LoadingScreen = script.Parent

local PlayerGui = game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild("PlayerGui")

LoadingScreen.Parent = PlayerGui

local PlayConnection

local Time = tick()

local Spin = RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(function()

LoadingScreen.Chicken.Rotation = math.sin(math.rad(tick() - Time) * 100) * 730

end)

if game:IsLoaded() == false then

game.Loaded:Wait()

end

game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)

char:WaitForChild("Humanoid").WalkSpeed = 0

char.Humanoid.JumpPower = 0

wait(1)

workspace.CurrentCamera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable

workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame = workspace.CameraPart.CFrame

end)

local blur = Instance.new("BlurEffect")

blur.Parent = workspace.CurrentCamera

local PlayEvent = Instance.new("BindableEvent")

PlayEvent.Parent = game.ReplicatedStorage.Bindables

PlayEvent.Name = "PlayButton"

wait(6)

local fadeOut = coroutine.wrap(function()

for i = 0, 1, .1 do

RunService.RenderStepped:Wait()

LoadingScreen.Background.BackgroundTransparency = i

end

end)

fadeOut()

LoadingScreen.Loading:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(1.5,0,.563,0), Enum.EasingDirection.In, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, .5)

LoadingScreen.Chicken:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(1.5,0,.802,0), Enum.EasingDirection.In, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, .5)

LoadingScreen.Play:TweenPosition(UDim2.new(.5,0,.654,0), Enum.EasingDirection.In, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, .5)

wait(.5)

PlayConnection = LoadingScreen.Play.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()

Spin:Disconnect()

PlayConnection:Disconnect()

PlayEvent:Fire()

repeat

RunService.RenderStepped:Wait()

blur.Size = blur.Size - .2

until blur.Size == 0

blur:Destroy()

end)```
1 Like

@WooleyWool @Skippy_Development May you guys stop? You are prioritizing this argument instead of helping the OP. I appreciate your help, but an argument won’t even solve this problem.

@OP, anyways, have you printed the property of CurrentCamera? This might give us a clue to whether it was set or not.

If not, you could go to #platform-feedback:engine-bugs and see if there is a topic related to the camera.

Here are the latest posts about camera in #platform-feedback:engine-bugs:

1. Release 447 broke camera controls - #51 by RiloTheFox
  2. Pressing Ctrl while zooming forces you to hold Ctrl to zoom manually, otherwise tilts camera
  3. Horizontal scroll w/ mouse wheel breaks camera zoom and instead tilts camera - #25 by koob85
  4. Attach camera controls broken

If you look at my previous reply, i’ve tried to provide feedback on how the code can be fixed due to how the cframe is set up. The thing is, we don’t know how the camera is set up. We don’t know if it’s a part or model. Here is the earlier code i’ve provided:

game.Workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame = CFrame.new(game.Workspace.(CameraName).Position,game.Workspace.(CameraName).CameraFace.Position)

I did your CharacterAdded event and it also didn’t set for me, maybe try removing it? Also, why not put it somewhere that is not ReplicatedFirst? Instances won’t be loaded when a LocalScript is ran in ReplicatedFirst.

Hello everyone, I found out the issue and I guess the camera script has to be initially set in startercharacterscripts for it then to be manipulating. Thanks for taking time out to help me though. :grin:

2 Likes

What about PlayerAdded? Doesn’t that change anything?

So there wasn’t anything with the script? That’s great to hear >:)

Nope, there wasnt , the changes you suggested didnt really do much

Well, at least it works!I do suggest using the GetService in the future :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the advice, I already do use getservice on all of my scripts but this was a exception
since I am only using replicated storage once and this script is deleted once it finishes.

1 Like