How can I fix lag on roblox studio?

Hello guys, I just bought a new laptop. However, When I opened a Roblox studio I had so much lag (like 1-2 frames per second) I do not know what is wrong with it my old computer runs smoother than this one. On top of that whenever I open scripts it becomes almost unresponsible
I think it is because I have windows 11.
Spec:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H With Radeon Graphics
  • Memory: 32GB RAM
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 3070
  • Hard-drive space: SSD 1TB
3 Likes

Can you open task manager while it’s running and see in the performance tab whether anything is being maxed? If not I would check all my drivers(just in case, you never know). Also, look in Roblox studio video settings, You can change the max render quality and stuff like the render engine used. That may help. If nothing helps try to reinstall studio. I really can’t think of anything else.

Laptops don’t like Roblox Studio or the client itself, I have this same issue on my school laptop

1 Like

Check your Studio Settings by Pressing ALT + S, There you can set up your Studio and Rendering.

Its Also best to Check your Drivers and get the latest Updates.

I Use a Notebook (Laptop) and I can run Studio, Its likely thats your issue

1 Like

Better check your driver if it′s corrupted… That once happened to me.

1 Like

How your new laptop can make you lag in Roblox Studio? Mine having 4 year old laptop which same processor like yours, but not lag

it was windows 10

Do you have the magic wand plugin installed by any chance?

It is fixed now. However, I have less than 1 frame when I start to script. Do you know any solution?

Yes, I have but I do not think that is the problem. When I start to script it starts to lag so badly

Yes, I know my old laptop runs smoother than the new one but it has windows 10. I think the main problem is this stupid windows 11

I Check everything. It does not lag in the studio, anyone. It starts lagging when I try to script something. There is just no way to script like that I have like 1 frame per second or less in the script.

Here are some related posts. The solutions may work for you
This one tells you to disable Nvidia’s Gsync, it may or may not work for you. (Depending on if you have a Nvidia GPU)

This one tells you to uninstall all your plugins

This one tells you to disable Gsync again

Those are the only solved posts I could find right now

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping me, I will try every solution!

1 Like

I just reinstalled the Roblox studio and disabled Nvidia Gsync and it fix it, Thanks for helping!

2 Likes

You don’t need to completely disable G-Sync since it is recommended to keep it enabled. You can change it to “Fullscreen” and G-Sync will still provide you with low-latency with the client in fullscreen mode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.