How to force another default language for the game (without changing the current language)?

My game was initially developed entirely in Portuguese, and I did a complete translation into English.
But with the Translator:Translate current limitation, a player, for example, from Holland, will receive the default interface (Portuguese), as the Dutch language is not present in the translations.
In this case, I would like English to be the official language for ALL players in languages other than Portuguese.
How to do that?

3 Likes

Make English the language which it is set by default and make a translation in Portuguese instead.
That is currently the only way to fix the issue.

1 Like

This would be simple, if my game didn’t have OVER 10,000 words in the original language, distributed across all GUIs and scripts.

If I am correct there is a feature where they translate everything automatically.
Else I suggest to translate everything in the most commonly used languages.
Or do as I said before.

These are sadly the only options that roblox provides.

I don’t think it’s possible. But am not an expert, I don’t know.

It seems that, to achieve the objective I propose, there is still a solution, although it is laborious:

1. Disable the AutoLocalize property for ALL GUI fields.
  2. Submit all Gui fields to a translation script, which will identify the Player.LocaleId and forward the translation as defined by the script. I created a solution for this in the example below:

Oh gosh…
10 hours of work later, I find that the player can now choose which language they want to view in Roblox Player…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.