I cannot install both roblox and roblox studio

Today I had this error and I tried reinstalling roblox studio to fix it, but when I tried to download it, it just wouldn’t work.

Whenever I try to download roblox or roblox studio, the install bar goes up to like 80% and then just crashes without warning or anything.

I have tried:

• Reinstalling the installation files;
  • Deleting the roblox folder in appdata;
  • Running installation files as administrator;
  • Disabling antivirus.

This is very frustrating because I cannot make any updates to my game.
PLEASE FREAKING FIX THIS

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

23 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

14 Likes

I’ve had this issue before when using tethering (AT&T). It’s a network issue I’m sure.

4 Likes

Have you found a workaround or something?

3 Likes

Not sure if this is related or not (even if it isn’t, I can’t make a report because I’m not a Regular), but randomly, whenever I try to launch a game from the website, I’ll get an error. I have to re-install Roblox every time this happens or else I can’t play. The download does stop for a minute around 80% but it eventually finishes.

5 Likes

I have also been facing this issue for two days now. As mentioned above, I am likewise not a Regular and I am therefore not able to make a report. I am currently unable to install neither Roblox Player nor Roblox Studio on my PC. The installer downloaded from Roblox Download halts 30% of its way and stops without giving any error code nor popup.

So far, I have tried rebooting my PC a few times, rebooting my modem and router, removing %localappdata%/Roblox, and yet nothing changes.

My latest attempt at installing Roblox threw this line in the log file:
2023-10-08T20:50:29.176Z,67.176231,079c,6,Critical [FLog::DesktopInstaller] failed Http GET url: https://setup.rbxcdn.com/version-510663c9d33e4fd8-RobloxApp.zip, code: 5, message: HttpError: Timedout, body: PK
However, there is no problem downloading this file from a typical browser.

Another minor problem I have encountered, which could be a consequence, is that the display text sometimes shows in English, French (my computer language), or Spanish. The language changes when performing a new attempt to download.

2 Likes

Nope, no workaround. Connect to a different network to install Roblox.

1 Like

Update: I have managed to download it today, but had to retry a few times and there also was an error.

I have it fixed on my side, but its still a problem with other people.
I have also noticed that it takes wayy too long to download it.

2 Likes

I’m still suffering from this issue, installation will only reach around 80%. Investigating the files it looks as though everything is there including exe files, just running them causes them to fall back into this installation/crash loop

Update: Kept opening the exe over and over and managed to install it
Using the installers led to the install loop, using them once then going into the internal files to find the launcher exes helped solve it

3 Likes

If it matters, I have a wifi adapter, something like this:
I think @SubtotalAnt8185 is right, it is due to an internet issue.

1 Like

I have tried using 4G from my phone but this did not solve any problem on my side.

I have also managed to install Roblox by opening the installing various times until it launched, but now I am experiencing crashes every 20 minutes or so, does anyone have such problems after having troubles installing it?

2 Likes

Launching studio using Roblox studio mod manager fixes this for me, using the default installer does not work

2 Likes

Following @gillern’s post, I have found a workaround which is using Bloxstrap. It is likewise an alternative to installing Roblox Player

2 Likes

Please never run the installer with administrative permissions, it can make it worse if it does successfully install.

It is because it is it’s own bootstrapper, meaning it mimics what the Roblox installer does. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When trying to install the Roblox Studio update, it just does not install. After it’s done, nothing happens. I reopen and it installs again. I restart computer and nothing.

4 Likes

I didn’t say to use cellular. Connect to something without cellular. Cellular data blocks Roblox for some reason.

I have never had any problem with using Roblox and cellular data, indeed most of the time it would fix issues I had with regular house connections: ability to buy items, friends statuses, website images loading and so on. In my case, cellular is not a problem, but this might depend on which ISP service you are using and the country you are in (though I could be totally wrong)

1 Like

For me, it stops, then eventually goes straight to 100% and closes without the install actually happening. No indication of it failing or anything. This happened both with the newest update as well as Roblox entirely when I tried reinstalling all of it since I couldn’t get it to update.

1 Like

After some recent update this is happening to me, I’ve deleted all roblox files, restarted my PC, tried reinstalling from scratch and it will still crash before fully installing without any warning every time I try to install it. I use a mobile hotspot as internet, connecting to a different network is not an option for me

1 Like

I’ve had this issue before on a computer that had seen long periods of inactivity.

Both Studio and Player would not want to upgrade/install at all on the machine, and the internet I had been using was weak and sourced from my phone’s data, which further made this frustrating with every attempt to troubleshoot.

The only way I was able to fix it was by uninstalling any existing version of Roblox Player or Studio, removing every Roblox related registry entry, restarting the machine and then reinstalling.

I do want to note that tampering with Registry Editor could cause some unwanted problems, so do this at your own risk!

To do this, run ‘regedit’ or search for Registry Editor, then in the editor press CTRL+F and search for ‘roblox’ (case insensitive). Ignore the .rbxl and .rbxlx registries, as these correlate to file types and should not interfere with the install. To delete an entry, press Delete while the entry is highlighted. Once that is done, restart your computer and install Roblox as usual.