Improved Water with the Shorelines Beta

Finally, with this update, I can make better terrain and don’t need to worry about the water problem when I create maps using terrain. I wish this update included wave effect and water droplets because no one like without realism, right?
thanks again!

3 Likes

Hello! I found a bug…
I’m swimming on the air

13 Likes

I’m just staring at the water. Its like a dream. I’ve been on Roblox since 2016 make game prototypes, and this is super cool. Thanks Roblox!

16 Likes

FINALLY!! I was waiting for something like this for SO long!! YES!!!

5 Likes

Man I wonder what else they’ll to roblox studio in 2023

7 Likes

Great update, however since were on the topic of water, is there any chance that we will get the glass refraction shader fixed? Right now it just hides all GUI elements from the world, the water, a few post effects and other transparent objects.

39 Likes

This is a great update but…

I’m still waiting on the waves to be incorporated into collisions/simulations

7 Likes

Amazing update! I will certainly use this for my projects!

4 Likes

Amazing! I’ve been waiting for this for a long time

2 Likes

I’m thrilled that this finally released, I’ve been waiting a while for it. Does anyone know when we’ll receive features such as grass wind, cloud reflections on the water, and the cloud shadows?

9 Likes

Yes! This are good news since I just started a new project related to Terrain!!

2 Likes

Roblox made the choice to not render scenarios like two forcefield parts behind each other, or a forcefield part over smooth water terrain years ago and will not be changed anytime soon.

5 Likes

I noticed the hitbox seems to be slightly higher than intended; it’s easy to see when you put your camera close to it while looking upwards with wave size set to 0.

3 Likes

I am so glad something is being done about water, however after thinking about it, and testing it, I feel like this might be a step in the wrong direction. I feel like water should be made to be more like the other textures, where you can assign it to a part and have water parts, rather than making it, its own special case, especially one that has to be sort of post processed.

I realize this is early on, and a beta, but will this hurt any chance for water or any generic liquid texture that could be applied to parts?

6 Likes

roblox has been delivering some W’s recently first the IK controls now this? This engine is improving rapidly thank u rblx

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you are referring to since water is a material that you can paint with.

3 Likes

it’s good, but I would rather use blender for water instead of roblox’s terrain system

3 Likes

It’s annoying to have a vertically jagged shoreline where the water is up on the sides, and you can’t edit the artifacts out. I’m going to wait for the final version before I start using it though. With that being said, about time.

6 Likes

As a workaround you could lower the position of the seafloor part on the client when far away (since you wont be making contact anyway), but this is a hack of course.

4 Likes

This behavior may change.<

It’s not set in stone and graphics have massively advanced

4 Likes