Improvements to Game Search Ranking

I’d also like to input, searching usernames usually yields no results.

It returns random games, much like basing parts of searches to accomodate what the system is searching for.

In fact, I believe the game system doesn’t register some at all.

SkidoShroom’s game with ‘SkidoShroom’ in it.
SkidoShroom’s “SkidoShroom`s Island

Search for SkidoShroom yielding no results.

Just an example. I started writing this 3 days ago, but I’m glad I’m able to post it now.

1 Like

My game is still seemingly “blacklisted” from search results. Are there any particular reason why? If so, could you send me a private message explaining what those reason(s) may be, so I can eventually attempt to correct them? My revenue is being heavily impacted as my game is PC exclusive and it doesn’t show up for PC users.

2 Likes

Hmm… When I try searching up my game “High Noon Hijack”…

Royale High and Roblox High aren’t relevant to a western game…
I had to scroll down 10 times until I could find my game
And also, the testing servers came up first :astonished:

Needs a sort by name option.

Working on a new game (The Wild) and it doesn’t show up at all when searching on the exact name.

Hard to research what names are already taken also.

1 Like

I got a question about this. How come despite having better ratings, more players, and being older, that our game “Project Ghoul” is behind another game in the sort? The only thing we’re behind is total play count, but does that affect it that much?

Our revenue also surpasses it as far as we can tell from public data.

Sadly, I don’t think this update is living up to it’s standards. When I saw that it might have been fixed, I right away searched my game to see if it finally wasn’t hidden under all the spam. But I found out quickly this update did nothing to search ranking for my game, C h a i n $ Aesthetic Homestore.

I tried 3 queries. The first was ‘Homestore.’ I wasn’t expecting much, but I could not see it. In fact, I saw unrelated content instead of my game.

Next, I went ahead and tried ‘Aesthetic Homestore.’ This was where it became quite shocking. At first, I saw relaed content, but not our game. I saw games that also had the name Aesthetc Homestore in it. But then, many games did not have it in the name nor the description. My game has it in both. These games also had nothing to do with aesthetic, such as Gucci, Glo Homestore, Aesthetic Dorm House, and Goobers Homestore.

Finally, I decided to do something most people wouldn’t even do: I searched up the name directly. And I didn’t see the game. At all. Instead I saw the same type of content that I would see if I just searched up Aesthetic Homestore; mostly relevant, but a lot of spammy content without the search term in it at all.

This is very frustrating, as we are almost stuck in a loop; we need 50+ concurrent players to get featured, but you cannot find our game through organic search. I would love to have someone help fix this.

@zooweemama911, I have seen you helping people, I would love to get in touch to help work this out.

Please contact me if you would like more info,
FxllenCode. :slight_smile:

My game Tower Battles got hit terribly by this… I don’t know why specifically, but it no longer shows up in search results at all and doesn’t even appear on the popular page anymore even though it has good ratings, and about ~4,000 concurrent players and ~360million total visits. The only way to possibly find my game anymore is by going to my profile and manually clicking on the game, or by following friends/recently visited places… It’s otherwise impossible to find on the website…

If you search ‘tower battles,’ it’s nowhere to be found.

10 Likes

Is there no way you could introduce some sort of “Verified” to games, as opposed to making the icon bigger for a specific result. I searched for “dungeon quest” and the dungeon quest icon was the normal size so it seems like the search criteria is very narrow/specific.

Edit: some games just don’t show, full stop.

5 Likes

Just to add to this thread.

None of my games make an appearance in the Roblox search, even though they have fairly high visit counts, likes, and favorites.

4 Likes

Next is improving the group search? I hope…?

Last time I checked it was still the same, when searching for a group it gives you irrelevant groups as a result, especially with small groups.

Example: Searching up my friends small studio, Excelsior Development Studio, it gives this: Search results for Excelsior Development Studio. These groups have absolutely no similarity except that they are other studios. Keywords, similar titles, none match with my search.

Group link for reference: Excelsior Development Studio

2 Likes

This Is A Great Feature So We Can Find The Games Were Looking For.

1 Like

Amazing update! I’ve seen this problem when searching for a game. Now I can find my game easier without having completely opposite games pop up. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello developers.
When providing feedback on search please make sure you include the link to your game along with the search query.

That will help us debug the problem and resolve your concern.

Thank you.

4 Likes

It’s nice to see when I search up “Summer” I don’t get “SUPER MEGA ULTRA EASY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY” or “OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY” lol

2 Likes

Hi! I have done all of these features, am I supposed to receive a message from an admin?

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry I did not include that information.
Here is the link to my game: Tower Battles [HALLOWEEN !!! 🎃] - Roblox
The search query works fine for my account, but certain accounts my game does not appear at all in the popular page, or in the search results at all. For example when trying to show my game to a friend, my game was nowhere to be found on roblox by them, and the only way they could find it was by going to my profile, and then creations tab.
Here is a separate post where i describe the issue more: Game does not show up in game's page or search?

2 Likes

Hello. I used to see my game Bomberz on the top of the page when searching it, but recently I tried to search it with the exact same title “Bomberz”, with no emojis or special characters, but what I end up seeing is hundreds of clones of the game Super Bomb Survival and games that doesn’t even mention the word bomb on neither the title nor the description, most of those games being titled (killer.Name… “the killer”).

YAAAS! I was always confused how the searching worked it was always just a couple of popular and random games😁

When searching for “Dragon Defense” in quotes my game does not come up at all, even after many pages. My game name is literally Dragon Defense and currently people have no way of getting their friends into the game outside of a direct link.

https://www.roblox.com/games/5501609009/Dragon-Defense

1 Like

Hello, I have still not received a response from an engineer on this, I had included all of the necessary information. A response would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like