Increase Range Limit of Lights

I recorded them! :smiley:

I do know that all you have to ask is “What are methods for achieving Reflections similar to Screen Spaced?”, and it will tell you that.

And then you can ask it questions like “Where is the documentation for it” and it will tell you how to get to it (there isn’t any tho)

You can ask for the Class Name and other things, and how to Insert it, and it will tell you.

I can send the recording in a bit.

2 Likes

Well I couldn’t get it to tell me anything, I’ll have to rely on your recording

1 Like

I will have to send it a little bit later, because the recording is on my PC, and I am using DevForum on my Phone at the moment.

I DO know that the very first thing I asked it is cut off, (did a bit of an error with the cropping) but overall the recording is fine.

1 Like

The Assistant was just hallucinating on my end, it just told me “Answer: Reflection Probes” and nothing else, when I asked “Are there ReflectionProbes in Roblox Studio?” it would either say something along the lines of “No” or “I don’t know”

2 Likes

For me at this Moment, it seems to have changed the name to EnvironmentProbes.

But I am going to try some other wording.

2 Likes

This is what it told me whenever I asked it what Environment Probes were.

Very peculiar.

And then whenever I ask it what Reflection Probes are, it says this:

This is different than what I was receiving yesterday, even after I refreshed many times yesterday and used a completely different device, I was getting the same answers.

But now? Hmm…

(EDIT: I refreshed the window, and then asked it what Environment Probes were. I got the following:)

4 Likes

Where are you asking the AI?

Also I’m very skeptical, the explanations just sound like general computer graphics and game engine stuff, plus I asked the assistant in roblox, just some good info

The Lighting Property photo brings some hope, ROBLOX called their Envmaps, you know, Envmaps, they might’ve made something along the lines of Environment Probes too, but still, it might just be the AI hallucinating

Honestly I feel a more desperate with ROBLOX with each second passing

3 Likes

Create.roblox.com, at the Documentation section.

At the top of it, there is a button that says “Ask Assistant”

I was just experimenting yesterday whenever I discovered this.

1 Like

Sad if it is.

But I have a feeling deep down that it is leaks. That the AI has information it doesn’t need yet.

Because it confuses itself. If I ask it if “Environment Probes are in studio” it will tell me it’s previous information is incorrect.

Scratch that. It says it is! Adding photos in a moment:

3 Likes

Sorry I keep on replying to you, lol, but this is interesting also:

It says that Reflection Probes are a type of Environment Probe!

I will have to just create a topic about this, won’t I?

3 Likes

Create the topic if you feel like it, and maybe we should take this to private messages or smth

I feel like the AI is just hallucinating again saying things like “Certain lighting modes, such as ‘Custom’” and “Legacy”, they don’t exist in ROBLOX Studio, the closest thing that comes to mind when I heard Legacy is Compatibility

About Types of Environment Probes thing, it IS interesting, I might be yapping we are gonna need experienced people to dig through Roblox Studio to confirm this in some way, again i’m still skeptical but if there is hope then I will gladly hold onto it

2 Likes

If anyone wants to know how this conversation ended, dm me (so I don’t have to type it all out again lol).

2 Likes

I think it’s hallucinating details, because they scraped information outside of Roblox. You can ask it how to create a script object in Core, for example, or ask what a specific entity in Source does. It’s likely just reiterating off the information for reflection probes off another game engine.

Not to mention how it would be pretty bad idea to give the AI information on features that aren’t even released. I think it was only given information available on public web pages.

EDIT

It’ll gladly pull information from outside Roblox, by the way;

Now THIS, this is what the Assistant is for! Summarizing the Spongebob movie!

8 Likes

I said this in private message with trtman33:

"I might stop here but, the things the AI talks about might be features the developers added but wasn’t finished nor planned for announcement, they do exist but they don’t work, as with the NewLightAttenuation fast flag, you can enable it but it’s mad broken

This means we don’t know if they will actually add the things the AI says"

What’d you think?

3 Likes

The ai for me told me about a shadows section that’s supposedly inside of lightings properties?!?!

Last time I asked it about shadow resolution it said about shadowmap resolution being inside lightings properties and that its automatically tuned by some Roblox stuff. It even told me how to use it. But then told me I cant change it.

Odd how it’s decided that its different now.

Anyway off topic lets get back on topic.

4 Likes

Similar to this:

I think the AI does have lots more information, and it filters stuff it thinks should no longer be talked about, but sometimes it misses stuff while generating a response.

Edit1: Also similar to the post above this, It was talking about a VoxelResolution property, but actually followed up when I asked it if the property could be modified. I think my question was “can you write directly to the lighting voxel grid?”

Edit2: I just asked it “VoxelResolution”

4 Likes

Some of these features existed during the FOB (future is bright) public test builds, but the Assistant could know about it from some of the opt-in code from users.

3 Likes

Please; 60 range is incredibly limiting

10 Likes

bumping again, we desperately needs this and many other features

8 Likes

Desperately need this.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

5 Likes