Increasing Premium Payouts - Starting Today!

The information in this post may be outdated. Please reference our DevHub documentation on Premium Payouts or visit the Developer Economics page for more information about monetization.

Developers,

It’s been a year since we initially released Premium Payouts, one of our latest programs aimed towards our goal of giving developers more ways to earn money on the platform. Last April, we tripled the payout rate and then we increased the rate again in September, resulting in a nearly 5x increase in payouts since releasing Premium Payouts!

As part of our commitment to put more earnings into the hands of our community, we’re excited to announce that we are increasing Premium Payouts again, beginning today!

This means that Robux earned today through Premium Payouts will be increased by over 75%. Your engagement scores may stay the same, but you’ll see your projected payouts and payments increase gradually over the coming months.

On top of the Premium Payouts increases last year, this newest change represents a roughly 9x increase of Premium Payouts since launch. We’re excited about these changes, and will continue our efforts towards making Roblox more rewarding for creators.

Keep up the phenomenal work, developers!

Cheers,

The Roblox Team

1149 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 13 minutes.

This is amazing!! I love this move towards user-engagement becoming a primary form of income rather than typical monetization strategies, it means developers can create games based around the user experience without sacrificing any gameplay aspects in order to push traditional monetization.

Great change!

87 Likes

This is great news. As somebody who’s planning on releasing a game towards the end of the year, this will be of tremendous help to me.

You too :wink:

102 Likes

It’s time to partyyyyyy! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Seriously though thank you so much, this will definitely help all developers!

39 Likes

THANK YOU! As a developer for a game that is lightly monetized, this increase is HUGE! It is great to see games that don’t have as many products for sale be able to make real money still! :smiley:

40 Likes

Big developers are screaming right now

Jokes aside, thank you so much Roblox! This is an extraordinary step forward for developers, it gives us motivation to incorporate more premium bonuses in our games. I look forward to seeing more positive additions to Roblox in the future, benefiting for both developers and players.

YES!

31 Likes

A 75%+ increase on premium payouts? That’s absolutely fantastic! This is definitely a great update for developers, looking forward to seeing what’s next!

26 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe Premium Payouts is increasing, you’ve really done a good job Roblox. Premium Payouts is one of the best things to happen to Roblox. I think paid access games should be eligible to redeem it though, do you have any plans to add that? It seems unfair that free games can earn from it but not paid access. Also like @DarkitalX mentioned, it is very easy to abuse, what are you doing to tackle that?

Keep it up!

21 Likes

This is so exciting! It will hopefully motivate developers to add more premium incentives to their game!

It will also hopefully allow some games to be fully sustained just by their premium player base!

Great job, And THANKYOU!!! :smiley: -hfun6

9 Likes

That didn’t take long after the Investor Steam announcement, great work!

7 Likes

You just literally made my game sustainable. Now I can pay developers, thank you so much.

19 Likes

ROBLOX has a promising future, and I’m glad to be a part of this platform.

22 Likes

Nice to know that Roblox is looking out for us developers! Good work.

11 Likes

This is definitely a game changer, I don’t really see any complaints about it being increased, but more curious why it is being increased. Yes, I do agree I like the fact that being paid more can help with everything we need today, but why is this being increased? I assume it’s because of the poor rewards we were offered from the past time. If this is the case, it’s definitely better than being given a school backpack and socks. Thank you Roblox! This is about 1x more than your other increases, will there be an official rate of revenue at some point?

6 Likes

This is great! Definetley helps out developers!

6 Likes

Gonna start getting a bit more than 1 Pending premium payout now, sheeeesh :cold_face: :cold_face:

10 Likes

Hang on… Is this a typo? Don’t think it should be saying 5x above but then 9x below.

6 Likes

The previous increases amounted to around 5x, with this change they will be around 9x (at least that’s how I interpret it).

10 Likes

This is an amazing change! Not only will it give game developers more recurring revenue, but it will also give them an incentive to add more premium benefits in their game! :grin:

4 Likes