Introducing 8 New Base Materials [Studio Beta]

Everything I needed in my life is here now :pleading_face::sob: (i love it)

21 Likes

Thank you for the new materials :DD, roof materials look amazing - the ceramic tiles look like solar panels which is cool to use for a space theme game. Overall, i love it!

2 Likes

Cool but roof singles and rubber ecesist for years already as enum but it only returned plastic

Roblox should make the materials beter like different materials in one material like metal you can set to coper or gold since gold is heavy it should sink fast

2 Likes

But will we also get these materials for the terrain editor?

There is no new material to see here.

9 Likes

they’re still in beta. there’s lots that will change through the time, they should be in there pretty soon i assume

4 Likes

This is a great add! I have been waiting for some more diverse textures for years.

3 Likes

I think a feature to change the scale of a material would be amazing. Especially with repeated textures like tile or shingles.

6 Likes

Yes! This and Introducing 8 New Base Materials [Studio Beta] - #32 by PeZsmistic need to be a thing. I’d love to not use textures to add that tint. Texture based tint is inconvenient, ugly, unperformant, and just awful in general.

3 Likes

This is a good update, It just feels weird, I never expected roblox to add new materials after not touching them for so long.

imma check these out.

3 Likes

Nice name XDDD

Cool update, glad these are finally out after like a year or whatever

1 Like

I really like this update. It gives us more to work with when we’re applying base materials ( not custom ones ), and i like the look of these new materials, in general.

quick build i made w/clay roof tiles

5 Likes

It has been years since we have had new material variants.

Also, having more of these material variants will greatly enhance objects visually and give us a wider approach to making dynamic footstep sounds using Humanoid.FloorMaterial and raycasts.

Also, raycasts produce a more realistic effect, while ‘Humanoid.FloorMaterial’ is a simpler and more efficient solution.

With the newly released ‘SurfaceAppearance.Color’, I am hoping to see more elements like this in the future to give us a more dynamic and realistic approach to making games.

And also, in the future, I hope to see more materials and more options for Surface Appearance customization.

I love this update! :+1:

2 Likes

I wondered what these looked like when I saw the enums.

1 Like

Hey! I have a good suggestion, why dont you add shiny material?

Just like the post here: New Material For Shiny Objects

If your team adds this material, that would be the best your team!

5 Likes

Very nice Roblox, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I love this. I’m currently working on 2 projects with realistic stuff and this will help. Please add more I love this.

1 Like

green… yellow… anyways i actually like this update! good job roblox

3 Likes

This is great feedback, thank you! + @CaptBeatty for sharing on Clay Shingles and Roof Shingles as well. Our team is working on updating those. :pray:

8 Likes

New roof and tile materials? Now I can make my own house :slight_smile: Thanks, Roblox!

2 Likes

LET’S FREAKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I’ve been waiting for Cardboard, Carpet, and especially Leather for so long, tysm!!

4 Likes