Introducing Configure Group

Average user will not be able to do this, your idea is not a solution sadly.

Are you sure @Oficcer_F? I thought the only beta features available to anyone who wanted to use them were the ones in Roblox Studio. I may be wrong, or there is a way to access a group through Roblox Studio that I just never noticed.

2 Likes

@DevWiII.

Probably not my most thought out comment, thinking back I think beta features are only availiable for everyone in studio. But I am not really sure. Take it with a grain of salt

Opting in to the Beta list lets you turn Beta Features in Studio on and off.

Website beta features are automatically on for those on the beta list, unlike Studio, you cannot pick and choose beta features.

How do I enable this? I can’t seem to find any butten that.

To enable this, you must Enroll in the Roblox Beta Program.

5 Likes

This should answer your question.

Thank you that helped me a lot!

1 Like

An Honour for ROBLOX and all of its developers - and a transformation from an arguably “retro,” to a new and easy to use UI.

Kudos to the development team.

I do love the rank permissions screen.

2 Likes

The only updates I don’t really like is how the “Roles” page is set up. If I wanted to rearrange the roles, I would have to go into each individual role and find what the Rank number is instead of just looking at a table.

I suggest adding some sort of table view along with this view, because some people, like me, probably prefer the other one. Or, at least add the rank number in parentheses next to the role name as pictured below. This would be EXTREMELY helpful if you added it for when you release! Thanks!

6 Likes

Yes, I think a group title change feature could be implemented to some degree, with limitations. It would work if it only allowed a few letters or just the capitalization to be changed. If there is a concern about the group members and how they will react to the change of the group name, Roblox may send an automatic message letting them know that a group they are in has had its name changed, and telling them that they may leave if they wish.

3 Likes

Looks nice, I am excited to use this! But I hope that there will be more updates to the groups on Roblox in this year, like Group Forums and other features.

4 Likes

The create page is already reskinned? :thinking:

Unless you’re talking about the Create Game page, that is.

9 Likes

This should be fixed now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I noticed this the other day but only just read this thread! It looks great. Another feature I would like to see added is the ability for those with the ‘Spend Group Funds’ permission to be able to distribute the funds to members (for example, to buy uniforms or clothing if they do not have enough) instead of spending it on advertisements. I’d like to see the feature implemented although I do see the risks allowing people other than the group owner access to the funds.

3 Likes

What if a prompt were to be given to the user stating "This group has been renamed to “Ice Cream Fanclub. Would you still like to be a member?”

4 Likes

I definitely agree. The revenue tab is so convoluted compared to how it was before. A simple payout takes 2x the amount of clicks, and everything feels like it is burried.

I also don’t get why some pages like Affiliates and Members limit such few content per page. Look at all of this blank space…

12 Likes

Could we maybe get an option to hide who’s able to see group funds in the “Configure Group” page? Maybe so only certain ranks can see it? (I’m not talking about the public group page, I know there’s a setting for that)

6 Likes

Currently only people with the permission to spend funds can view them but an option to let others view funds without giving them that permission would be good, I agree with this.

5 Likes

This type of feature wouldn’t be likely for the reasons stated before.
However, I think a good approach to this sort of thing would be creating a sort of request system. Say, a group owner wants to change the name. They would send in a request via some system that would then notify the same content management team that does manual asset review. They would then decide whether or not the request is legitimate and not just a scam attempt of the sort.
Other than this type of manual approval system, this feature would essentially be a scam magnet.

Edit: Added quote

6 Likes