Introducing Talent Hub Open Beta - New Platform to Find & Post Work!

This is quite nice. I love the UI on the site and everything.

However my question is what will prevent this from becoming a Roblox certified version of Hidden Developers or any other communities like that. Anyone who’s interacted in those communities knows its full of “want to be developers” and others who shouldn’t be claiming that they have a specific skill yet.

The verified feature is nice but it seems like it’s purely an identity based thing, not a skill based thing. If I was to hire someone on there, I’d want to be confident that they have experience and can properly do what I need, rather than being a wanna be developer like those found on Hidden Developers or other similar places.

How will the bar be set, if at all, to keep this open to all but still manageable for those hiring?

5 Likes

This tbh, this is a massive issue within those communities. It also makes it more difficult for those who actually have the qualified skills often having to tear out and rewrite code that these so called “skilled” users are producing.

A solution of sorts would need to be a proper verification program, or a referal from these verified developers.

2 Likes

I was thinking more of something like this (to preface, we all know Roblox won’t engage in anything too “Elitist”, hence why non developers can get into Devforum Regular).

Simply lock “For Work” posts to Devforum Regulars (that way you’ve got somewhat of a bar), and then lock anyone from accepting/taking a job to Devforum Regulars, that way potential hires of the job are at minimum Devforum Regulars.

1 Like

Roblox shouldn’t do this until the ‘Regular’ role is obtainable again. Also, one of the main reasons why this exists is for non-devs to hire devs however locking it to regular removes this possibility.

5 Likes

The main issue here, is that Devforum regulars are discontinued and are currently in this infinite pending stage. I’m sure I’m not the only one speaking here, in saying that I have wayyy more posts and wayyy more time/likes/solutions in Devforum while still remaining at a normal rank simply because I was too late to getting Regular.

This locks me out of already so many features as is, which is such a pain.

8 Likes

I love to see Roblox focusing on the Developer Community more! Thanks, Roblox! :smiley:

3 Likes

Glad to see civil conversation over here!
As far as I’m aware, the entire section will be locked and archived, and you’re intended to move anything by September first.

5 Likes

This is a step in the right direction - anything that makes collaboration easier is always welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me trying to open Talent hub.
Me who is a beta tester can’t open it.

Me who realized it’s not for beta testers it’s for selected Devs.

6 Likes

Great update roblox, People can finally collaborate better :grinning:

1 Like

This paired with the game fund, seems like roblox could be getting quite interesting.
I can’t wait to see all the new great games.

1 Like

This seems really cool. However, will our portfolios be saved? I really don’t want to have to redo mine, as I just revamped it.

2 Likes

Can we expect to see a filtering system to eliminate poor/troll posting. Otherwise, the more professional and experienced developers will find it just as difficult to find work.

A belated update on this - the problems causing some people to incorrectly see the ‘not authorized’ message should now be resolved. If you continue to see the ‘not authorized’ message, please check back every few days to see if you’ve since been given access!

Thanks

10 Likes

I’ve been waiting quite a long time to see an overhaul in the hiring process. It’s laughable in it’s current state. I’m quite sad I’m not in the current bunch with access. Been waiting awhile since I have absolutely no source of commissions with the current system. Though, with the Aug. 15 date, it’s around the corner and exciting!

Can any word be said on this suggestion, or is something similar already coming?

As I said here, it seems like Roblox is trying to mold the Development scene into something they favor. This is very clearly something that’s professional and clean. 18+ Devs making nearly AAA games for high profits. When done with a project or seeking out new studios, they go out to find new associates. If the Talent Hub is heavily moderated, then I could see my prophecy of Roblox turning AAA Studios into puppets becoming true. This is a risky era of Roblox. But, I’m glad I’ll see it.

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, the entire section will be locked and archived, and you’re intended to move anything by September first.

I think when a topic is archived on Discourse, you can still access it, but you can’t modify it

'Till September first, yes.
I’d copy everything to a text file.