Introducing the Verified Badge!

Cool update! Hopefully this reduces scamming a bit :slight_smile:

Although I do think the badge would look better in black / white rather than blue to match the website :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Will owners of verified groups also receive the badge? My group has the badge, but my account has not received the badge.

2 Likes

Possibly! We will be expanding the areas where the badge is available over time. If you have suggestions on where you’d like to see the Verified Badge, let us know :slight_smile:

17 Likes

This is a very good addition to the platform!

3 Likes

This is an extremely good update but, firstly how would you get the tick if your a game developer? Will it be like the crown of O’s where you have to apply or will it just be Roblox noticing how big you are? (which is harder)

1 Like

Yes, we’re hoping to support more types of creators, like plugin devs, in the near future. This is just the first phase of the Verified Badge program and we’re definitely researching ways that we can include even more notable members of the community.

Outside of the Verified Badge, we’ve also done a ton of work recently to improve the marketplace experience as a whole and are continuing to look for ways to improve that for both creators and people looking to buy assets from it. Here’s a few of the recent announcements around the Creator Marketplace, Marketplace Safety, and Plugin Marketplace

12 Likes

Such a useful update!, will definitely help with identity theft

2 Likes

I think an icon in game on the player list would be nice.

Long term, what additional categories of users do you plan to support, and how notable will you have to be in that area to qualify?

3 Likes

Can we get verified games as well? So we know which game is the original and which is the copycat.

3 Likes

Is the “age verification” really necessary?
You could have a lot of hours of engagement, or UGC sales, that respect the criteria, but not get verified just because your account isn’t age verified? That’s a bit unfair for people that don’t feel comfortable sharing their private information at the moment. Roblox still has a lot of issues with accounts getting “compromised” or “pg’ed”, if your account is age verified and somebody somehow gains access to your account because you got fooled by somebody to click a random link, or you accidentally clicked the link, or just got your account stolen in other ways, you will be responsible for every action that person does on your account.
It would be more fair if this “verified badge” was given to users even if they aren’t “age verified” because not everybody is feeling comfortable to share their personal information with ROBLOX.

It’s a nice addition to the website though, and will definitely reduce impersonation.

(for anybody saying it’s to prevent people below the age of 13 impersonating youtubers, developers, etc.)
I’ve been a part of ROBLOX for more than half of the life I lived at this point, so I have no doubts I can verify my age, I’m just not feeling comfortable with doing so, having known how easy is it for exploiters to find ways of gaining access to your Roblox cookies. Those people could just post illegal pictures on my account, and I will be the responsible person because the account was verified with my private information, not the exploiter’s.

5 Likes

I am curious to how the hours of engagement works. Will this be calculated based on the last 6 Months? Last 2 Months? Last 5 years?

1 Like

2FA requiremrnt is the same as for getting rollbacks from support

1 Like

If you meet our notability criteria but don’t meet one of the authenticity requirements (such as ID-verification) you will receive a message requesting that you do so in order to receive a Verified Badge. Once completed, you will be eligible to receive the badge in a following wave.

11 Likes

If someone compromised your account due to you pressing sketchy links and then you not having 2fa or an account pin, then the blame is fully on you. Also by you verifying your age, roblox gains nothing from it as it is done externally with a company that is certified and trusted with handling the ai to do this sort of verification process.

2 Likes

Sweet update! The verifyed badge looks Cool… like me!
I can’t wait for this update!

I was waiting for something like this… Lol

4 Likes

I think this is a very great feature, there’s so many impersonators out there. I hope there will be application soon!

I don’t really like this, I feel like every five minutes Roblox is rolling out some new update, mainly just unnecessary things that sure could be used and it’s great they at least are trying but just my opinion. Still, a cool feature in the least. (for most)

Even if Roblox doesn’t keep the information, and the company is certified and trusted, it is not guaranteed to the user that their information is safe. There’s always stuff happening behind any company that’s not being told to anybody that isn’t a part of the company. There’s people all around the internet not comfortable with sharing private information, and having a lot of stuff, not just being able to have verification badge, locked behind that is unfair for those who aren’t.

This update is really good, and has a really good goal, but the way they introduced it, makes it unfair for some people. It would be really nice, if the age verification wasn’t a requirement for this, and many more other updates to come.

3 Likes

Will the badge appear in-game? If so would there be a way to hide it?

I’ve also seen a lot of people show on other platforms like YouTube and Twitter that they received the verified badge, however none of them has it visible on my side. Is this going to slowly roll out like display names showing on website based on the region you are in? Or is it only visible at the moment for those that got verified?