Is there a way to get the Camera to ignore collision with specific parts?

Is there some type of ignorelist for the camera because any part which is connected via a constraint is not ignored by the camera.

6 Likes

I’m confused as to what you are asking, can you elaborate or show some examples?

I accidently posted while typing hold on.

I don’t think there is a specific list you could add parts to. (Could be wrong.)

I have done this by changing the original part’s CanCollide property to false, and then you would duplicate it and changing the cloned part’s Transparency to 1 and CanCollide to true.

I don’t believe you can set server owned or client owned parts to not collide with things only visually on the camera (if that’s what you asking)

In your case, I don’t think constraints have anything to do with this, rather you just need to have two different behaviors on the server and client. An example would be a server-owned CanCollide door that a client set to CanCollide false. Now the client is able to walk through this door, but since this change wasnt made on the server, all the other clients will not be able to walk through the door, but will see that one client seemingly “no clip” through it. Using that concept you may be able to accomplish what your original post was trying to do.

Not part collision, I ment being able to see through specific parts with the camera

1 Like

Then I guess you could set the specific part’s transparency to whatever value you want on the client.

The player wont be able to see the parts if the part its transparency is 1.
Is there a way without making the parts transparant?

From memory, I think the simplest solution is parenting the model to the player should avoid camera collision with those parts.
This is popper cam which uses this :GetLargestCutOffDistance(). You could use a custom camera or fork Robloxs camera and provide an ignore list of parts to this function that you don’t want the camera to collide with.

2 Likes

So you want to make players be able to see through parts without making them fully transparent, or semi transparent?

The only two ways I can think of is either making a Colliding part’s transparency to 1, or making a part CanCollide to false. so if you want the part to have CanCollide set to true, not transparent, aswell as having the camera point of view push through your parts, then maybe you can have your visual parts you want to see have cancollide set to false, and then have a duplicate part having full transparency, but with CanCollide set to true (but only on the places where you absolutely need it, as this can get messy if you have to create hundreds of duplicate parts).

It already was parented to the player (not in the video) but i have noticed some weird issues occuring whenever the model was parented to the plane.

For the purposes of a vehicle or an aircraft, an easy trick is setting the players maximum zoom distance to the same value as the players minimum zoom distance, which will prevent the players camera POV from colliding with parts blocking the path between the CameraSubject and the current position of the camera.

And then once you exit the vehicle, just undo the changes.

1 Like

But there are some parts which the player is not allowed to look through.

Try this, it should do the stuff you said just fine.

Keep in mind, the parts will be cloned, and might cause slight lag.

1 Like

I cant use it since there could be parts from 1 to 20000 in total which have to be cloned and it would create a huge amount of lag.

Have you thought about changing the Camera Type? You could set it to Attach which keeps the camera position at a offset position. You can put the offset position just above the plane towards the back of it.
Or, you could use CollectionService to ignore certain parts on your camera. It looks like from those GIFs that it could be the distance which allows your camera to collide with parts far away.

Could you explain this issue?

I think your hope may be just to use :GetLargestCutOffDistance

No, you’ll have to manually code this behaviour yourself. I would’ve suggested the PhysicsService but that would also affect physical collision, not just camera collision.

1 Like