Keyframes Animate Everything Around Me

is there a way to set it in the animation editor so i don’t see ALL of the inbetweens? i used to have this before for easier symmetry to work off of, but this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.

Beautiful feature!

In general, I haven’t been able to find a big use for recent features.

I can genuinely say that some of the recent features haven’t applied to me, since I guess I just like older features that I’m used to, but this, grass, and a few others have REALLY helped me develop!

However…

I love this feature! Just as a little test, I turned it on, made a baseplate, and created a five-piece animated object, four cubes around one major one.

The only downside to this animation is that I couldn’t get the one cube to work properly, but I was able to get past that, obviously my error, not yours, and create a little spinning, stack, reset animation!

Thanks for this, and the other recent features, ROBLOX! :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you mean not seeing the interpolation between keyframes?

1 Like

YEAH!! thats what i mean! sorry im not good at explaining haha

Is there a way to add animation events in between frames? I want to hook up footstep sounds to the running animation which is 15 frames. I want the footsteps to be evenly spaced out so I was going to add the sounds to frames 4.5 and 12. (12 - 4.5 = 7.5) (15 - 12 + 4.5 = 7.5). I can only seem to add it on frame 4 or 5 not on 4.5… Is this possible in code, and if it is, can we see support for this in the editor?

You can probably use the Custom Framerate option for this: New: Set Custom Framerate in Animation Editor Beta. Just double both the number of frames and the FPS and scale your animation.

Time to dust off my old kinect then!

1 Like

I can’t change the rotation degree at all? I tried using T and CTRL + T, and I couldn’t find any other shortcuts. It feels like this version is missing features of the old one. :C

ya gotta change it on the banner under MODEL
i had trouble figuring this out too, lol

2 Likes

Are we ever going to get a graph editor for roblox animation?

Hmm, what is your exact use-case for this? I believe it’s possible to achieve the same effect by setting your easing styles to constant

Why is there no option to add keyframes for all joints selected at the scrubber position? At least have a hotkey for adding a keyframe!

I also can’t figure out how to switch between world/global space. Workflow seemed faster with old version

There’s also no way for me to view any part of the timeline from 0:28 to 1:00. Additionally, I can’t select an animation length which is < 1 second

Adding keyframes via hotkey at the scrubber is definitely something we can consider throwing back in, in the near future!

The control the switch between world/global space now matches the studio key binding, Ctrl + L.

To view the time range you want, you need either grab the ends of the horizontal zoom bar at the bottom of the editor to zoom in, and then scroll it to the section of keyframes you want to view. This is the same as how it worked in the old editor.

As for overall animation length, that is determined by your final keyframe (notice the section of the timeline that is darker, and then gets lighter once it passes your last keyframe), not the time input at the top left. That input is for timeline length in the editor itself, and it basically just adjusts how much space you have for editing keys. We keep it a minimum of one second, mainly for avoiding a default state of it being very zoomed in. You are always free to zoom it in yourself via the zoom bar at the bottom of the editor that I mentioned above.

1 Like

Zoom bar doesn’t seem to do anything, at the very least I can’t scroll to change the time frame. See above screenshot, scroll bar has “no room to move”

Grab either end of the bar (with the icons that have two arrows pointing in opposite directions with a line between them) and drag, this should shrink the bar and perform the zoom. Then you can scroll to your desired time range.

If you don’t want to click-drag, then using CTRL + Scroll Middle Mouse wheel while the mouse is active in the timeline/keyframe area of the editor will also zoom it for you

One of the main issues with the animator is that added joints and or motors are not shown in the animation tree

RIG:
TREE:

Thanks. Overall the new editor is much nicer to use, but more intuitive controls or built in hot key display would be appreciated.

there is a known issue where models with parts that are nested under other instances do not work properly in the beta editor. There should be a fix for this right after the holidays.

Thank you for the response. Another issue is that rigs that used IK constraints will have a foot or leg that is pretty messed up.

Example:

3 Likes

Did I miss something? No I don’t think I did. Why is there no way to control whether or not you want to use Movement or Rotation, Or Change the Increments for Movement or Rotation like the last animation editor?