Localized Game Icons and Thumbnails

Hey Developers!

Game icons are a critical part of discovery so we’re excited to announce that you can now localize your game icon! Here’s how:

In Manage Translations, you’ll see a new tab called Game Information. There is currently only one item in tab for your game icon but in the future, you will be able to localize your game thumbnails, title, and description here as well.

Uploading a localized icon follows the same restrictions as all other image assets (and will be reviewed by moderators before going live). Make sure to hit “Save” once you’ve uploaded the localized icon you want.

To upload icons for other languages, simply choose a different language from the dropdown in the upper right. This follows the same flow as the rest of your game content, making it simple and easy for you to localize all content for a language at once.

Happy localizing!

231 Likes

Great implementation. Any news on the possibility of badge / gamepass localisation?

(Ability to localize badge and gamepass images and text)

48 Likes

Huge step in terms of expanding the platform to other countries and nationalities.

Can we expect localization support for descriptions, etc in the future?

9 Likes

That would be cool to use for creative ways, such as making the thumbnail/game icon black and white, stating that this game doesn’t support the language the user is currently using.

11 Likes

Wow thats epic, Very cool! I will use this in the future

16 Likes

Amazing, definitely will be using this.

3 Likes

Now this is going to be so much help for people who have games with a diverse community of people, and it’s so cool how simple and easy it is.

3 Likes

This is a great feature, about time. Can we expect this for thumbnails too, or is that already an option?

7 Likes

Always surprising to find out that many of your players come from around the world. It’s only a matter of time before everything is able to be localized. I can expect this to bring higher CTR rates to sponsored games, awesome feature!

3 Likes

Game descriptions can already be localised.

9 Likes

This is a big addition to our abilities to cater to other languages. Next could we get features like gamepass, developer product, and badge localization?

4 Likes

Nice! All of these localization changes will certainly help diversify the platform even more than it was before.

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool! this will help me a lot, but are we going to have thumbnails and badges localization in the future?

3 Likes

This is epic, I definitely will use this is my upcomming games!

1 Like

So is this essentially just making multiple icon logos in different languages and then uploading them for set localization languages?

Great addition

1 Like

Great movement for making Roblox games easier to go international. Definitely a feature I will have to use!

2 Likes

Perfect update on localization. Can we get localization update on Market Place products too? Because people from foreign countries don’t wanna buy some products because they don’t know what it is. It’d be really usefull thing.

2 Likes

Nice, I tried it out too!
Nice
Nice

13 Likes

This is a nice new feature! Definitely going to be using this for my upcoming game.
Also, as others had said on this thread before, will we get localization with Marketplace products?

2 Likes

This is awesome, I am SUPER excited to use this. I do have a question though. When localizing an icon does it have to be a similar icon just with a translation(If there is a text on it) or can you make entirely different icons for separate countries? For example, I may have a pine tree/snowy icon for a snowy country while I have a palm tree/tropical icon for a more tropical country(Both still relating to the game obviously).

2 Likes