Make Regular Accessible

So, this has been around for a while now but it is not inaccessible, we need this back because ALOT of members can’t use important categories. So they definitely need to make a new method do get it.

I’ve been trying to post in some categories but they’re locked for regulars only, which makes it impossible to post the thing I needed to.

If they added this back that would be great.

This is the post that got me thinking about this again: Add a "general" category - #47 by SiIvaGunnerz

6 Likes

If one of those important categories is the lounge: this forum is meant for development related stuff, the lounge isn’t development related and because of that not important at all.

If you’re talking about not being able to post in Platform Feedback, I agree and understand your frustrations.

3 Likes

I’m talking about platform feedback, yes.

Members were able to post in certain Regular only categories through post approval, but it has been deprecated since September and you can no longer become a regular. They are fixing it soon but for now there is no way to become a regular.

Wat if we removed regular and removed lounge so everyone is an equal and get competent moderation to weed out complaints and off topic posts and just made it so the entire forums only purpose to exist is to discuss roblox and only roblox like it should have been from the beginning instead of being a private gated refuge from the old roblox forum for Developers and only Developers until the old forum became a liability so they nuked it and redirected traffic to this website instead so the Developers got upset and left and now history is repeating itself?

2 Likes

You can’t remove trust levels – they are built into the Discourse software.

The purpose of regular is to show which users are trusted with more posting permissions in #feature-requests and #bug-reports . It doesn’t make sense to imply “we don’t trust 1000+ users anymore” by demoting them. I am also not sure what you mean by “competent moderation”.

#lounge is just a legacy category, it really doesn’t have much of a purpose now. Discord is usually used for these discussions now. It is also private for legacy reasons – there is content people have posted there when it was more of a “private club” as buildthomas called it, and therefore assumed it would have probably stayed private. So that privacy should be respected.

The DevForum, is for well, development talk, but from there I really didn’t understand your post, so if you could clarify what you meant that would be appreciated.

10 Likes

The regular system has been offline for a while, and I don’t think the system would be that hard to re-engineer. I know with the influx of many new members to the devforums it becomes hard and usually an automated option is put into place. There are certain individuals who should absolutely be regulars one person who comes to mind is @Crazedbrick1 who is often posting everyday, and makes meaningful contributions to the community. Of course lounge is a legacy category but it’s almost like part of the forum is built around having access to something you can’t even obtain.

3 Likes

Forum access is a privilege – not a right. The requirements still have post approval on them, but without an official replacement, nobody can really be promoted because of that. Yes, it has been awhile, but nobody can really assume anything. Regular literally means you can be trusted with #bug-reports and #feature-requests access, so I don’t believe “posting everyday” or “making meaningful contributions” alone will get you promoted

2 Likes

So if contributing and being active is not enough. How would one even get trusted if no one gives them a chance to show they can be trusted. I’m pretty sure a automated system is probably going to be made for it.

My point was that since there is no post approval and the requirements still have post approval, they are outdated and paused. I don’t know how the new system is going to work, but that is why we need it so people can show they can be trusted.

Yeah I agree it pretty gives no possible way to get it. Also I did find not able to post in #bug-reports and #feature-requests very hard to get things fixed. Essentially was a game breaking bug I couldn’t report for a month before it got patched.

Hope this new system comes then. :grin:

The access issue is solved for bug reports now due to the Big Bug Reporting Update.

Everybody here in the current topic that made a post or Liked one of the posts (as of Mar 19) has had their join request accepted if they submitted one.

For everybody else that participates here later than this reply, please follow the instructions in the linked announcement above on how to get your join request in. We are slowly accepting people from the backlog to make sure we don’t overwhelm internal teams, but it is our goal to clear out the backlog. It will take us some time before we’re caught up with requests so appreciate your patience here.

This resolves the issue for all bug reporting categories.

For the feature request side of the matter, I am consolidating the threads into one thread, namely this one: All forum users should have a path forward to be able to post in feature requests - #154 by Hooksmith.

Please check out the update I posted there for further information. I will close this thread so that all further discussion is centralized in the thread above.