Marketplace: Our Vision and Guiding Principles

Excited about all of this, but in my opinion making UGC public is still a double-edged sword with the current copyright and replica problems that UGC is having, either copying items or cosmetics from other games and platforms, copying a Roblox published item, or just another creator. Sure, stricter moderation might help but with public access to UGC, there definitely would be a LOT more stolen / copyright-infringing items getting through. But on the better side, a lot more people with actual talents in modeling items will be benefited without the need to apply for UGC.

My only disappointment is with this part; a part of Roblox’s economy centers around Roblox-made limiteds and trading. And with this statement, we basically got a confirmation that there would be no more Roblox items going limited in the near future. I’ve been playing for 10 years and own quite a lot of items that I still think to this day the community likes, but are inaccessible to newer players or people that like them a lot. Keeping them offsale forever could have negative consequences. And with UGC limiteds being untradeable, Roblox limiteds that are tradeable would just become more and more expensive over time due to demand and no other competition because they actually have value, especially in trading communities. Quote from other people:

14 Likes

Honestly very good changes overall. Love how the ones at Roblox have responded and acted upon Roblox UGC limiteds efficiently.

Question; I’m interested in the “in-experience only sales” option. Does this mean we can see a possible rise of Roblox UGC community events? Also, does the freedom of these in-experience limiteds also allow them to be sold for free?

Just throwing some general feedback that I believe resellers should receive a more fairer cut of the sale. Maybe consider lowering this to 40% or even 30%. It’s very difficult to profit back after you’ve purchased an item and try to resell it; you get less of what you’ve spent and honestly feels like a bit of a sham to lose a lot of that profit which could’ve gone somewhere else. I think you should also start considering introducing trading for these limiteds - I’m aware of some people who think that mashing these with “classic” limiteds could be a horrible idea, so you could consider a separate trading tab.

Overall, fairly impressed how these updates have impacted the community and to come, but there still needs to be more discussion with members of the community and what they want instead.

4 Likes

I feel like OG roblox published limiteds like the valk and classic fedora should get some kind of legacy status to have them in a separate category from regular limiteds, as they are always going to stand out amongst all the UGC created ones.

8 Likes

The upside is that because those items aren’t limited, it opens the space for UGC creators to make somewhat similar or improved versions of them, since according to the UGC program guidelines making items that are “Overly Similar” is important mostly for limited items and expensive items, which off-sale non-limited items aren’t.

7 Likes

Not quite sure you want to take example from the current economy :skull:

Particulalry in the United States right now :joy:

Make sure to have some checks in place to prevent your average joe from uploading stuff. Otherwise this is going to be dumpster fire, more than it is already.

Not really sure what to think about this.

8 Likes

Roblox look at what you have done,

• You have ruined what some would say your only best and good feature.
  • You haven’t listened to feedback clearly, what a great catalog team, they dont listen.
  • You have driven your platform age down and made players angry.
  • You have locked away old items to sit there stale that were actually good and you have left half finished sets to go limited, put them back onsale, dont disrespect us like that.

PUT ALL THE OFFSALES BACK ON SALE OR TURN THEM LIMITED BEFORE YOU DO THIS, ROBLOX LISTEN TO US, YOUR LIKE SCREAMING AT A WALL AND ITS A TRAINWRECK THIS COMMUNICATON !.

14 Likes

Sorry, but no one can clone the workclock headphones, they are treasures on roblox and should be turned limited.

9 Likes

Most of these offsale items are retextures of existing limited items. No UGC creator improves on any of these concepts, they just make low effort cash grab versions of them knowing they will sell because they have such high demand. Also it should be noted that an item does not have to be limited to be valuable. It is annoying to have to deal with low quality copies when Roblox could just bring in their actual good renditions of their classic and demanded items through making them limited or just putting them onsale again.

12 Likes

MAKE :clap: UGC :clap: LIMITEDS :clap: TRADEABLE :clap:

It simply makes no sense to have a trading system in place that you can only trade Roblox-created limiteds with when you’ve stated time and time again that you are trying to move focus away from Roblox-created items and onto the whole community. A lack of new tradeable limiteds sucks all the fun out of trading as the community just passes the same old items around over and over again. If you won’t make new tradeable limiteds yourselves, you should give the community that ability. I really hope this feature enters the pipeline sometime soon.

8 Likes

:rage: ROBLOX PUT ALL YOUR OFFSALE ITEMS ONSALE OR LIMITED BEFORE YOU DO THIIS,

IS IT THAT HARD OR IS ROBLOX JUST NOT LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY AGAIN ?

Below is a concept i made of what roblox should be doing what they have stated

#BringBackOffsaleLimiteds #RobloxCatalogTeamListen

12 Likes

I would still say that this is a double-edged sword.

7 Likes

I don’t have much to comment on the current state of the Limited UGCs, because others have already covered it, but I have a few things to address.

From my observations, I cannot see how this is possible.

You claim that you heard our feedback, and yet tons of feedback given about the program has been completely missed and/or disregarded.

Well said. I completely agree with you.

See you in a few days, or in a few weeks at most given that people who say they will “quit” tend to come back anyway.

Before writing a rant, please think about what you’ve said before saying it.

Their statement is straight-forward:

If you want roblox to receive your feedback, stop whining and complaining. It won’t help. Give constructive criticism instead of spewing insults.

Just ask the question once… You’re making 5 different replies that say the same thing. At this point it’s just spam…

6 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the great questions and feedback.

When it comes to price floors and other features, we actively listen to your feedback. We make sure it aligns with our vision and principles, while also finding ways to incorporate it alongside other improvements we have in the pipeline.

To your bonus questions: Yes, creators will still have a publishing limit of 1 Limited per day. You must be a UGC program member to publish Limiteds on behalf of a group, and the limit will be tied to the user. For example, if you publish a group Limited, you will not be able to publish a Limited for another group or for yourself on the same day.

At this time, fees will be paid by the individual user that uploads/publishes respectively. We are exploring other ways to pay these fees in the future.

7 Likes

Hey! thanks for the answers

I had two more quick questions;

Does locking a limited to in-experience sales only apply to initial sales AND resales? or just initial sales (if I recall correctly, resales are eligible for a 10% commission)

And what does the actual item page on the marketplace look like for items whose sales are limited to experiences only? is there any indication of where they could be purchased?

3 Likes

Are there any plans in the future to make UGC Limiteds tradeable?

please kindly make w inc shades limited along with many other classic off-sale items

6 Likes

If there are any plans for this it must be implemented so that they are their own separate market imo, having these ugc limiteds in which many have as low as 10 stock in the current limited economy would make a lot of current rares essentially meaningless and likely cause them to crash as a result.

7 Likes

Respectfully, this is not a good idea. I understand that you want to focus on the community-made content, but personally, I believe that the interest in UGC Limiteds doesn’t compare to the interest in items posted by the “Roblox” account, especially considering that you intend to make ugc public for everyone. I believe that classic limiteds and UGC can co-exist without problems. The classic limiteds are very much loved by the community, and I think that if you make that decision, a large number of the community will be very disappointed. UGC is interesting, but it is not, and will never be the same as classic limiteds. Please think wisely before making this decision. Other than that, I found the rest of the post quite interesting.

16 Likes

UGC limiteds are not a good replacement for already existing limiteds due to the escrow period, ludicrous tax and lack of ability to trade them and for these reasons I second this and believe they should e completely separate thus having new roblox limiteds created alongside ugc limiteds.

4 Likes

reply sent twice idk why mb!!!

4 Likes

I’d like to point out some things here. I can’t say anything here effects me per-say, but it looks, mostly, nice.

I’d like to point out the key word here. Reported. I guarantee you that the people who genuinely report things is a minority. (who’d want to report an item they like/benefit from that violates copyright law and whatnot?)

What makes Roblox Limiteds valuable is in the name itself. ‘Roblox’. Scarcity, that economic term Roblox points out. Limiteds were a scarce and sought after thing being it was from Roblox themselves. The economy, the marketplace, the future you want to make is not what you necessarily want.

Moderation is an issue Roblox NEEDS to tackle effectively if it wants to tout around the idea of everyone having access to this sort of thing.

10 Likes