Minimap Render [RoRenderV3]

I don’t know if the map size is just too big, but whenever I attempt to render a map for a game, I get a “script exhaustion timeout” error or something along those lines.

Check this out

Hey, it did that with me aswell when i rendered my Map. If you download the image it SHOULD provide you with the Full Rendered image in your File Explorer. If not, I’d suggest you render again, or shorten the Render Resolution/ Shadows etc. But it should just work when u download it.

Hopefully you fixed in the last 2 months though!

How to change the settings? In the RoRender?

1 Like

I’d suggest you try downloading the Picture first, Because it should be full.

But sure, Ill show you.

Basically, You’ll create the settings using the plugin, It’s going to give you the settings, Press it and scroll down to line 68. Lower the Resolution to maybe half, If you want detail in your map, Keep Shadows, If you don’t, make it false.

And that’s really it.

1 Like

Upon stumbling upon a video explaining how to set it all up I have came into a bit of an issue;

This appears when attempting to create it. Any idea on how to fix it?

starting to notice this too… weird.

Works but need more optimization for me

How can I fix this error?

Happened again on a lower resolution:

Maybe try this?

Already have. Maybe it’s my internet or something.

Nah it has nothing to do with your internet, its just because its trying to send ALOT of data at once which isn’t ideal, what type of image size are you rendering?

6000x6000, ive done it numerous times

Does it always error at the same place in the image (ie always at 40% rendered) or randomly? Have you tried a super low res like 1000x1000?

Try reducing the pixels per assign:
Under Main.SettingsHandler.DefaultRoRenderSettings.Render line 42

Change the last part to “/ 32” or “/ 64” instead of “/ 16”

Great map renderer.

I got the exhausted bug on my 4k studs wide map but I was able to fix it with this fix (changing lastWait) > 2) to lastWait) > 1) Minimap Render [RoRenderV3] - #285 by Rootie_DaHoodie

I also had a minor skill issue with reading the instructions but I got it working. Don’t skip any steps lol

1 Like

As a PSA, I am working on a V4 to this program, there are a lot of improvements that I would like to make. Here are some ideas I have planned out and feel free to shoot me more idea.

1. No external executable. People should not have to download my unsigned application to use this program. The RoRender client is very small and auditable, but the majority of the users on platform don’t use/understand javascript. I don’t want young developers to be forced into trusting and running my sketchy electron app. (Not to mention tons of other problems that have come up over the years in this thread). To address this, I am building out the “Backend” as a web service that will be the default for all users going forward.

2. Mesh support, I’ve done a couple of small experiments with the next EditableMesh Api and it seems promising, so once the official version is released, mesh texturing will be supported.

3. All maps more or less look the same. The way this editor is setup, it pretty much ensures that your map is going to look very similar to another users map. I want to add more features and flexibility to get some more creative map design. Some features I have planned out so far:

• Topographical lines ( Customize, distance between icons, how many you want, colors ect…)
    • POI icons ( Set certain parts/positions as POIs and insert icons at there positions in the editor)
    • Building highlighting ( Options: Brighten area, darker, inner/outer glow ect…)
    • Road highlighting ( Generate splines based on road contour and overlay with color/texture kinda like what google maps does when looking at satellite view)
    • Heightmap options (not entirely sure what I want to do here, but could be options such as: Blur/lighten/darken areas above height y)
    • Export as .PSD ( I want all these options editor changes to be easily moved over to photoshop or other applications so that everything is extremely customizable)
  4. I want another go at improving user experience. Someone as talented as @Maelstronomer having skill issues means that there is a lot to be desired in terms of UX. I imagine younger devs are having a very tough time working with this software.

Unfortunately hosting a web service is not free. So what will likely happen is the ‘Editor’ (Features under #3) will behind a paid service. This will hopefully cover the cost of many people making simple renders. The “Free tier” users will still be using the web service and get all the benefits of improved user experience, security of not running a program locally, and aforementioned mesh support. Long term I’d like to continue to add features and other services to this application, with some of features funneling their way down into the free tier.

As much as I would like to provide this service for free for everyone forever, I think this is the best route forward. Current users will get an enhanced experience for no additional cost, and those who want more features/flexilibity in their maps will have something to reach for.

Please let me know any thoughts on the post and if you have ideas please send them my way!

Thanks
–reteach

11 Likes

I dont know how possible it would be but making non-satellite maps, like road maps or like the map thats in gta5 would be pretty cool

That is a very stylized map, but my goal with the all the customizable features should allow for maps that look a lot more like the GTA map.

I don’t know if this has been released yet or if it’s still being pursued, but what I have found to work well is using a website called pinetools.com. It allows you to easily split an image up into 5 parts and download a zipped file with them all sorted without needing to download anything. Just a cool resource you may want to share.