"Modern Studio" (new docking behavior) has various issues

Per version 558, all users facing this issue will receive a dialog to reset their layout as shown
Upon pressing restart, your layout will be reset and the issue should not occur again.
Please let us know if the dialog does not come up for you, or is not effective in resolving your issues.

1 Like

Is the issue where studio never remembers which scripts I had open and resets which toolbars I had open related to the design refresh? It’s only been happening the last few days and it’s annoying to have to set up studio again and again regardless of how much work I feel like doing.

I still experience many of the docking bugs mentioned above. The most notable being that every time I open Studio, all the windows (Properties, Explorer, etc) are shifted slightly up and to the left on my far right monitor, forcing me to constantly move each one back down every time. Very tedious and annoying; Hoping for a fix soon.

This has only come up once, but Studio has still continued to fail to dock the layout. It only does this if I have another Studio window open, otherwise, it works normally

1 Like

Can they just fix it already?? It’s been almost half a year and i’m tired of it! I can’t work like a normal person, i have to restart the studio 10401204141234124 times to just write a goddamn script!!

(Yes i know about the deal with plugins, but cmon, it’s been so long since it started)

I just want to add that I am experiencing issues with two things in particular:

• Drafts window - when opening a Studio place with no current drafts, and then editing a script thus creating a draft - does not remember its location (I personally keep it below my output on the left of the viewport) and keeps appearing on the right side of the viewport/script window.
  • When using play-solo and then stopping, my output switches to my tag-editor plugin (both share the same panel space, but I started play-solo on the output tab and ended it in the output tab; and yet - it still switches to the tag-editor when entering back into edit mode)

It’s frustrating that these minor inconveniences still persist

Got this dialog and it’s still happening

The issue where tab selections are not remembered has returned, and the problem is even worse now:

1 Like

My personal solution for this was re-installing Studio, it solved any previous UI problems. It’s always a good idea to re-install every now and then.

Before re-installing Studio, I got this message and it was still happening. Re-installing has completely solved all my problems with the UI.

I have a specific bug for this for almost 2 months now:

3 Likes

Love knowing that even though a ‘fix’ was implemented, that this isn’t an actual button. My output window has now perma-docked itself above my secondary monitors bezel meaning that it is stuck there no matter what I do.

Is there no way to add a button to reset all widget positions as a temporary fix until this bug is actually patched?

1 Like

Hello — just a quick update to share, with suggested fixes, on this issue:

9 Likes

Yes - see above post from Paul

6 Likes

We would like to beta test fixes for the 3d view/toolbox undocking problem. Unfortunately, without an internal reproduction we need help from users who are willing to beta test our fixes. Please DM me if you are

1. Facing a problem with your layout undocking (ex. the 3d view or toolbox is undocked and placed at the top left of your screen)
  2. Willing to beta test a fix to resolve the issue
3 Likes

Ever since I got the “corrupted layout” dialogue, I haven’t noticed my viewport getting undocked. However, I am willing to test any beta fixes you might have, if you need me to.

I will also let you know if my viewport undocks again.

2 Likes

was going to send a message to @Bug-Support until i saw this topic
the toolbox is literally having a stroke, every time i open a place the toolbox keeps appearing at the top left, and when i move it the toolbox also goes to the toolbox (since both windows are merged)

1 Like

Sorry to jump in here.

I used to have my 3D view undocked on a 2nd monitor to edit UI in full screen.
However, my 3D view recently reset back into the middle and I can’t seem to make it pop out again.

Is this a related issue or am I missing a button/shortcut to do so?

Thanks.

1 Like

I believe 3D viewport undocking has been locked for a while now, in order to reduce layout issues caused by it. This is temporary, though.

2 Likes

Correct. We are working very hard to restore this!

4 Likes