"Modern Studio" (new docking behavior) has various issues

I’ve updated my ROBLOX Studio and Rolled In the patch like said in the thread you’ve sent, It works pretty well so far, No issues.

Thank you!

1 Like

Roblox Studio has been constantly breaking for me as well. The entire Studio UI sometimes doesn’t load, forcing multiple restarts. To add to the list of problems, plugins sometimes don’t load, the game viewport randomly breaks.

1 Like

In total agreement with you here, and I think it speaks volumes with the sheer amount of bugs that have appeared in the last few months and still haven’t been patched - and then all we are told to do constantly is to restart or reinstall studio (originally I was told to uninstall plugins!).

This is now getting ridiculous. I hate getting frustrated, or heated, but the studio bugs are too frequent and its usually because of some experimental forced update, like these recent ones.

1 Like

The rendering issues in particular have drastically impacted our development especially when working with multiple game instances. It is not only a nuisance, but practically unusable in this current state. This has been ongoing for weeks now and directly impacts multiple tools within studio (multiple instances, local servers, etc) and we cannot reasonably test certain features internally with these consistent bugs.

1 Like

(Kind a rant but whatever) I’m just gonna stop working on my projects until this is fixed because of this bug I can no longer test my games nor build code ect properly this is just horrible how long this bug has been going on and how much it impacts development I might as well just work on art and music for my game while I wait

1 Like

It’s already been a month and it still haven’t got fixed?

2 Likes

This has to be fixed ASAP, I’m literally not being able to work because of it. When I try doing a test with 2 clients all the windows get messed up and I have to keep re-starting the test 10-20 times until it works.

6 Likes

It’s sad to see so many people having this issue. I am fortunate to now have these specific issues at the expense of Roblox Studio crashing upon closing (Which originally also crashed when opening the What’s New menu and Insert Object. Those are mostly fixed for me).

Roblox, we need the patches really soon as this is really concerning.

3 Likes

I’ve given up. Opened studio to look at the big project i was working on solo and immediately felt disconnected from it and discouraged. Being away for a month has made me forget my workflow.

It’s crazy how i can use a cheap laptop and my project doesn’t freeze in studio but on my gaming laptop it freezes and now the http 500 error loading assets. The first bug wasn’t fixed.

Well, it appears they have D3D11 render working again but that didn’t prevent the freezing and im wondering if it has anything to do with OOP since i saw a recent post about something related to metatables being bugged. Who knows at this point?

I’ve since started learning c# and unity. I also use my Lua knowledge in other game engines. Roblox only seems beneficial for major studios who have already got a leg in the door and have made roblox lots of money. Everyone else… well we see how it plays out.

2 Likes

Do you have a custom cursor size? Is your display scaling set to 100%?

1 Like

I have no custom cursor size and my display scaling is at 100% at 1920x1080. This issue was on both of my PCs (A desktop with a single 720p screen and my laptop that I always use that’s 1080p), so it has nothing to do with multiple screens or screen sizing for me.
Here are all the specs that I currently have in my bug report about this:

It only occurs on Direct3D11 for me. I since swapped to Vulcan, which runs faster on my PC as well as also have no issues at all. The only issue I currently have is that Roblox Studio is way laggier than the Roblox Player when it originally had nearly the same framerate with Studio being slightly slower (which that was understandable).

1 Like

I was going to open a bug report for exactly this reason, but I see this is already reported.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!
As per my post above, I suggest to do a un-install/re-install to unblock yourselves @IDoLua @bitsNbytez @AstraI_YT @lineridermasterman @ShinsokuDev.

By doing an uninstall/reinstall you wipe the layout settings previously saved and delete whatever corrupt layout you are on. If you continue to face the issue after an uninstall/reinstall, please DM me directly.

However, if you are using the Mod Manager, re-installing may not clear the layout. In this case, you must follow the post here "Modern Studio" (new docking behavior) has various issues - #58 by GeneralRelish

Beyond this, I will follow up again after the next patch to understand if our fixes have effectively fixed your corrupt layouts.

5 Likes

In my case ("Modern Studio" (new docking behavior) has various issues - #81 by rogeriodec_games) this does not work.

2 Likes

@ElephantMesh just to be clear, about the Draft Window being always open beside script editor, despite moving it in previous Studio sessions:

1. Studio always open it this way:

2. You move it like here:

3. But in another section it will return to its original position (1)

5 Likes

I can confirm this is happening. Really a huge issue they need to fix with docking

1 Like

Im now having an issue where the viewport is just purely grey, closing the place / closing studio does not help this is a complete and utter joke. Oh and I can no longer drag the viewport out (the old fix i found)

2 Likes

@ElephantMesh @Hauber_RBLX @darkpixlz

I found out what causes the layout of the Draft window to be lost.
I opened a bug report:

4 Likes

From my perspective of never having disabled Team Create, I can tell you that it’s worse than broken:
It’s flaky. From the beginning of this new disaster Studio redesign, the Drafts window sometimes will
come back to where it was manually docked, and sometimes it will be in that odd location.

(You may find that your solution is really a phantom, as I mentioned, it has always been flaky.
Today I tested the Drafts window location at startup 6 times–Its location failed only on the 6th test.)

BUT, on my setup, the Drafts’ View setting (that I set as visible) is always lost on Studio startup, lost
along with the view setting of the Chat window as well (I always have to manually set them as visible.)

3 Likes

the new studio docking feature just seems like a rushed edit to “modernize” studio. It ended up just making docking widgets and stuff more complex and harder. I prefer the old system much MUCH more than the new current one.

4 Likes