New Brightness Property for 3D GUIs

Bloom is a post processing effect that takes a certain object or area of a screen that is brighter than a certain threshold, and brightens it even more
robloxapp-20210612-1418184.wmv (2.2 MB)
Here I’m changing various properties of Bloom to increase and decrease the Specular intensity.

1 Like

I’m talking about screen/billboard-guis.

The properties has to be in lighting, which it isn’t compatible with screen/billboard-guis.
It only changes the sun’s brightness and reflection the last time when I used it.

Or just use a BloomEffect that disables bloom

It affects those as well since it’s a post processing effect.
ezgif.com-gif-maker

5 Likes

this is gonna help the people who are into guis alot and putting a realistic effect

Already using this update on Day 2!

This is one of the features which I’ve been longing for! Now I can create interactive realistic screens.

This feature is really useful to actually give emitting light (actually glow in a way) to screens or 3d guis

1 Like

Would be cool for showcases! I think that you could make some horror based ones with only a sign emitting or something along those lines.

Very nice. But VideoFrames are now useless, since we cannot use our own videos. So custom HDR TV is not possible.

Seems cool, might be useful for making car lights and TVs lol. And we can make phones that work on Roblox with this too.

That’s a great feature for things like TVs and computers. :sunny:

2 Likes

No wayy! That’s so cool. We can maybe end up making those illusions they did in these photos in the future, Can’t wait for it to release soon!

(This is a TV screen btw it’s a illusion to make it look 3D lol)

7 Likes

You could have done that before this update was released. This is just a brightness property to GUIs and the illusion that you mentioned could be recreated with videos.

1 Like

I think @XxMakio is talking about like, if we this property in 3D GUIs currently, imagine what we’d have in the future. And even if we could’ve done it before, in the future we might have easier ways.

1 Like

Definetly useful!
Late reply but this will be useful in Roblox Music stations or studios, or even clubs!

Can’t wait to use this in later projects!
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 13.30.10

2 Likes

Wow. That looks amazing. Before this happens I had a surface light of the UI’s but that didn’t go well. Anyways thanks for the new update! Appreciate it like always.

Is it possible for SurfaceGuis to wrap around a mesh anytime soon? I’d love to apply it to a curved TV with these new brightness settings but I can’t due to how surfaceguis are always flat.

5 Likes

This is not currently planned because it would require a decent amount of work. If there were another feature request thread with enough demand for this, we could probably do it.

11 Likes

Cant wait for this i will definitely play around with it when i get the chance

1 Like