New Endorsed Models in Toolbox!

usually, when it’s by Roblox it means that it is an official model created by Roblox themself.

1 Like

Doesn’t allow to delete models made by roblox from inventory?

2 Likes

Hi, can I make a GFX in blender, or must this be in roblox?

2 Likes

Does anyone happen to have the helicopter vehicle back when it was available for use? I know it already exists so if anyone happens to have it would mean a lot if you can reply to this with the link to it.

3 Likes

These are much-needed models, but I’m wondering how the traffic system in the CPC tech demo worked. It could be useful in RP games.

1 Like

Yes, agreement is intimate. I need more characters. Okay I’m good now.

1 Like

This is a bug that is getting addressed.

5 Likes

Thanks we’re looking to release more endorsed content in the future!

3 Likes

@Orlando777 @Rototally
Hello, is there any way we can get the UV maps/textures for some of the cars?
I think it would be of great help to everyone wanting to use these cars, as we can customize the colors etc., and not being forced to use either Pink, Black or Camo. It would make these cars much more customizable and help create more immersion rather than seeing the exact same cars in a multitude of games.

I’ve tried to make some UV maps for the last couple of hours, but as the cars are made up of different parts it’s hard to implement them into Roblox.

Hope I can get a response on this, so I know if I need to figure it out myself. Hope I am not coming off as being spoonfed. Nevertheless, I think the cars are great and looking forward to using them. Looking forward to answers, sincerely. :slight_smile:

This is what I am working with currently :sweat_smile::

Edit:
After searching a little, I noticed that @oggo732 made the models (at least published them). Do you have any knowledge of UV maps or similar @oggo732? Thanks.

2 Likes

It’s great to have an insight of how these models work and perform, thank you. We should always appreciate open resource as it gives developers useful information.

1 Like

So this means we can use Vehicle branded names without getting copyright strikes

1 Like

Very nice job with these! I assume the ‘enter vehicle’ system was some kind of beta for proximity prompts? I would recommend updating these models so they use them as that represents a ‘roblox endorsed model’ more than a similar looking custom system! Just a suggestion!

1 Like

You can get the TextureId of the mesh and use that in combination with a browser plugin (BTRoblox) to download the texture.

1 Like

I was never answered if I can make this in blender.

Try it out, it might work!! :grin:

The models were not textured but instead use decals which use a projection method, best approach I can explain is getting ortho top/side views in blender, cropping them so the outer faces touch the image ends and design off that. Best regards!

1 Like

Theses Are Useful And Can Help People. 10/10

Thanks for answering @Orlando777, I appreciate you helping me a lot! :slight_smile:

Regarding the textures, when exporting the model from Roblox and then importing it into Blender the shapes and UVs get all messed up, essentially making it quite hard to either UV map and/or using the technique you said (if I understood you right).

This might be a bold request, but is there any way we could get the original model files? That way we can get a more precise car to edit and it would be easier to, say, UV map it and add textures. We can export the models from Roblox nevertheless, but, it would be a great help if we could get the original models instead/too. What do you say @Rototally and @Orlando777? Hope I am not coming of as pushy, I really appreciate you guys taking your time off to help me, I really do. Thank you.
sincerely - John.

Edit:
As you can see, the model (when exported from Roblox) has some interesting UVs (too say the least):

Anyone notice how the vehicles don’t fit in with the mood of the city?

This is how the cars currently look like in the city

It’s weird. It’s literally realistic sidewalks, traffic lights, buildings but a cartoony low poly-ish car.

This is how it should look

The blue car is pretty realistic, it has alot of detail and textures that make it fit in with the mood of the city.

Here’s the cars I used for the second screenshot
My Summer Car Packs - Roblox

6 Likes

Like I said the vehicles have no UV map, original files or not, they used decals which are projection maps.