New Laser Tag Studio Template!

Hello Creators, we’re back with a brand new Studio Template!

In case you missed it, we’ve been modernizing our Studio Templates, we recently released a new racing template (New Studio Racing Template!), and I’m here to announce the next one: Laser Tag!

We’ve actually split this one up into two templates: a simple template with just the blaster system, and a more complex template with the blasters and a TDM gamemode.

Blasters

The blaster system has been built to be simple and easy to understand, while still keeping in mind important factors like network security. We’ve also made sure they’re super satisfying to shoot!

The blasters can be easily customized by adjusting various attributes on them. You can adjust damage, ammo capacity, recoil, spread, and more.

TDM/Round System

We’ve built out a simple round system which can be extended with your own custom modes and/or scoring systems.

Add new modes to the Modes folder and make sure they’re included in the Rounds script.

Environment

There’s an awesome map to battle in, using custom PBR (physically based rendering) materials for the terrain and building.

We hope you enjoy this new template! Please leave any comments, feedback, or pictures/videos of your creations in this thread.

317 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 9 minutes.

The blasters look really cool. they have animations, recoil and everything. Very nice template! Hope we’ll see more shooters thanks to this

77 Likes

Really good! One of if not the best template in studio. The guns are genuinely really good and even come with view models! Great job to whoever made this or the team that made this, they need a raise!

53 Likes

This is baller. The new template releases have been incredible lately, so easy to customize and build on top of!

44 Likes

template made me learn how to do special rounds with modules, very good

35 Likes

Actually a good studio template, it is rare to get some good templates. I still will probably never use them, but it could be really helpful for beginners trying to learn how game frameworks work!

36 Likes

It’s really great to see Roblox creating more high quality templates for newer developers to learn from. I hope they continue to create more of them!

21 Likes

I really liked the visuals and the way everything is set up, this template is perfect for beginner developers. I wish you could do something like Melee in this template.

Also I just had a bit of fun with it and made something weird :sweat_smile: Played with friends with weirdo weapons

RobloxStudioBeta_v5F1pQuho0

I hope there will be more templates like this in the future!

39 Likes

i may use this to make a clone of a silly deathmatch game i like

22 Likes

Super useful template for people who struggle with FPS systems or don’t want to invest tons of time into their own when its not a primary feature

These new templates are actually such W’s hoping we get more modern ones :star_struck:

23 Likes

Beyond unplayable. Shameful, even.

im so reusing those materials though oh my god they look so awesome oh me lord

jokes aside, it looks so insanely pretty, and while, i wasnt expecting it, the guns do after all feel awesome as hell. job very well done

45 Likes

I like it. Having gone through the code, it’s generally been my impression that the quality of official resources has really improved over recent years. Now if we can just get around to replacing the starter place…

19 Likes

Ohh cool, this will definetly be a popular template!

16 Likes

I dislike how the viewmodel clips through walls. They should’ve used a ViewportFrame for that, but then there’s the matter of the lighting of the ViewportFrame itself, which is a whole other problem.

17 Likes

Is there the potential that more templates get added? I also think some could use some updating, like the Line Runner or Capture the Flag.

13 Likes

yooooooooooo that’s coooooolllllllllllllll, i saw it just recently and it was very interesting, great work!!!

10 Likes

On Mobile the Ammo thing is not centered :thinking:

I don’t know what the note about “Shotgun” is supposed to mean.

14 Likes

Keep 'em coming!

These templates help tremendously

14 Likes

I didnt know it was my birthday!! Tysm!! I cant wait to try it out right now!!!

10 Likes