New Laser Tag Studio Template!

I was right, it wasn’t hard at all! :smiley:

I also spruced up the UI a little and added some silly elimination messages. After spending some time with this template, I’m super impressed with how easy it is to customize and add on to. I’m excited to mess with it even more later!

As a side note, hit detection with the targets is a little wonky due to their pivot points being at the bottom of their models. I’d recommend either altering the tag validation code to work with the humanoid’s RootPart instead of the model’s pivot (I did that and it works just fine), or just working with characters whose pivot points are in the center.

18 Likes

WOW. You guys over there at roblox are doing something right. This is great for us! Keep it up!!

3 Likes

Could you add NPCs in there? that template is awesome

4 Likes

this is sick, the map design, matierals, fps framework, EVERYTHING. one of the coolest and best templates i’ve ever seen. it’s only getting better!

2 Likes

Amazing! I really like this template.

2 Likes

Good template! It’s really good but can you add more weapons like Snipers, SMG, Rocket Launcher or Grenade Launcher or any of the stuff that in the weapons kit?

3 Likes

Template is cool, but you should change the canShoot function into this:

function BlasterController:canShoot(): boolean
	return self:isHumanoidAlive() and self.equipped and self.ammo > 0 and not self.reloading and not self.viewModelController.animations.Equip.IsPlaying
end

This way it won’t let you shoot till Equip animation is fully played.
Which is a better practice for most of the games.

Other than that, the template looks cool, and very well organized.

7 Likes

I can’t help myself

14 Likes

cool! a new template…
HOLLYLUEIA

4 Likes

Yay thanks for this new template! I’m gonna try it! :D.

4 Likes

The best template other than the baseplate because basically all games use that. I can potentially see people using this template to make an actual good game by revamping this entire template

4 Likes

im gonna make a gun with 9999999 recoil 999999 damage and 0.00000009 firerate with infinite ammo gonna be so powerful frfr

5 Likes

oh yeah guys whats the different between fps system and laser tag?

3 Likes

FPS System is just the basics of this. It has the guns, and a basic testing map with dummies. Laser Tag has a full map and a basic rounds system, along with the guns.

4 Likes

Where can I test it with friends?

3 Likes

i :heart: the new laser tag studio template

4 Likes

Trying to figure out how to disable the built-in view models is rather annoying, seems to break everything.

2 Likes

The main issue I have with the new templates is their complexity.

For anyone trying to learn LUAU from scratch, understanding these templates doesn’t happen. Despite my experience scripting on Roblox for several years, I still find myself confused while reading the code inside these new projects.

I believe Roblox Studio would benefit from, Simpler templates. With code that explains what it’s doing, rather than just “working”, Especially considering that many users that use the templates are children.

You can’t expect someone who never touched LUAU, let alone any code, to understand what they’re looking at.

TLDR:

ROBLOX PLEASE MAKE SIMPLER TEMPLATES! :smiley:

17 Likes

The blasters are cool and fun to play with. Excited to see more modern templates.

But if Roblox is making new templates that utilize the default backpack, seems like a good time to finally update its UI.
I get that these are just meant to be simple templates, but it feels ironic for a “modern” game to use outdated 2015-era UI.

7 Likes

found a typo in the Rounds script, literally unusable template /j

6 Likes