What are you working on currently? (2020)

Recentely began working on this, I am making a totally normal supermarket, Well uhm, remastering it actually. and I got some work done with my friend @freddy6660 so that’s going nicely. Me and freddy are both begginer scripters/builders, so yeah.

5 Likes

Yes for this project we had to make a low poly character, based off a character of our choice from Metal Slug :grinning: we also had another project this semester for modelling which was a subdivision prop piece of an Apex Legends loot bin.

It was high poly using subdivision modifiers, but we had to bake it down to a low poly model for being game-ready. This model is actually only this complex.

We had to generate our own ‘smart materials’ in Substance Painter too, like generating paint chips at corners of the geometry.

22 Likes

Here’s a boat in some perlin waves:
https://i.gyazo.com/992e60473d6cf634fc5eaf15e6978264.mp4

37 Likes

Last time I posted here a few days ago I showcased a strategic Civ like game I’ve been working on. Well here are some updates:

For one, I remade the City UI. Adding a city appearance screen which is specific to the city’s location and population. For example, one being location, cities in colder climates will display snow, cities on the coast will have a river in the background etc.

Another thing I’ve been working on was getting the technology research to work, all of this game is pretty much based off modules with numeric values. That being said, certain buildings won’t be buildable until you research certain technologies. For example, researching the first in game tech will allow you to build farms.

Here is an example of constructing buildings in the cities, farms provide more food which allow the population to grow faster. It may take a few months before its finished building.

Now that we got our farm constructed, we can watch our cities grow. Each time a population gets added it adds a building to the city appearance image. Cities with more pops will look more urban in the city appearance tab.

Would you guys want to see a grand strategy game on Roblox? Any advice or criticism is much needed <3

15 Likes

Working on a new showcase :stuck_out_tongue:

84 Likes

Uhmm, isn’t this inventory system same as this: Open Source Advanced Inventory System

4 Likes

O thx, i can finally show when im hyped using a gif lmao

thought these particle emitters looks like actually roblox particle emitters

1 Like

Yes :))
Its an older version, but yea.

1 Like

In roblox type “summon cacopog” in the console

11 Likes

Sound concept of a map

3 Likes

I’m working on a pirate game with @WisdomClock.
We’ve only just started but I think it’s looking super nice. All we have is an infinite ocean, one half-working boat and a small island with nothing to interact with, but I thought I’d share it anyway.
The graphics (which are basically all we have rn lol) are inspired by LoZ Wind Waker.

Here’s me accelerating in a boat:

And here’s what it looks like being chased by a pirate ship!

53 Likes

Love the water splitting on the hull effect. Might be a little excessive in terms of height, but I like it a lot.

6 Likes

bruh

20 Likes

7 Likes

Damn, looks good. I really like the skybox and art style. Although the pixel art sprites may not fit in too well with the 3d environment.

2 Likes

Store I made for myself!:slight_smile:

17 Likes

I was actually worried really about that at first too and I was thinking about just switching to roblox avatars, but once you’re actually able to spawn in and walk around and interact the environment it feels a lot more together than you would expect.

And also it’s just turning out to be an almost somewhat unique style so I’m just sticking with it and improving the visuals anyway I can.

2 Likes

Those particles look great! good job

2 Likes

In celebration of Easter, I’ve made a game called Easter Egg Factory! Fill the Easter Bunny’s order quota! https://www.roblox.com/games/4892100166/Easter-Egg-Factory

12 Likes

Was bored today so I began remaking Deathmatch Classic by Valve (very old Half-Life mod), also related to Quake Deathmatch. Currently in the process of making a classic looking FPS viewmodel (view + gun bobs up and down when moving)
https://streamable.com/jxbljr
(I’m not sure if this is embed.)

Blue arrows in the GIF are there for debugging purposes. (and to show you how the view bobbing works)

2 Likes