PlayerList Updates

I’m not a fan of how it looks. It’s opacity doesn’t match the top bar and chat window. The leaderboard is also massive which is pretty intrusive depending on the game. On top of that, it being detached from the top bar and the side of the screen making it look more like a GUI than something meant to stay on your screen imo.

4 Likes

For me new playlist is look pretty good

1 Like

I personally really like the new style of the UI although,
It’s far to big for a player list it take’s up an unnecessary amount of space especially for people creating a very UI interactive based game for example (Roblox UNO, Wordbomb etc)

1 Like

I honestly disliked the new Playerlist but have gotten used to it and it is no longer bothering me along with a few of my friends. I’m pretty sure everyone here will get used to it if they have not already.

The playerlist is not mobile compatible though. It doesn’t even appear on mobile so it doesn’t make any sense to make it so massive. This only inhibits user experience because it distracts from the actual game and requires the user to scroll.

2 Likes

The new player list design was done partially in preparation for a mobile player list as they aim to make the player list available on every platform.

Make sure to read through original announcement and staff replies as they talk a bit more about it:

2 Likes

It is a UI movement of making everything simple and minimalist.

But the new one is worse for mobile. It is more obtrusive and blocks gameplay. There is already limited space on mobile and adding a playerlist is a terrible idea.

2 Likes

You can always hide the Playerlist if you like (I’m not sure if you can hide a custom playerlist, but you can definitely hide the default one)

This raises another problem that on mobile everyone will always hide the list (because it takes up 50% of the screen) and it will be useless, wasting people’s efforts.

4 Likes

What I normally do is hide this by pressing tab. If I need to view it, I press tab, look and then press tab again. In my personal opinion, I have never like the PlayerList update as it’s quite huge.
What could be done is Roblox users could edit this PlayerList via the pause menu or something. Just a thought I had.

1 Like

It is also very laggy so yeah, I don’t agree with this new Update.

1 Like

Like why not just make it so people can chose from the old and new leaderboard.

1 Like

Much better than the first product.
Its a good thing that it doesen’t fill up the 30% of the screen.

since i play on mobile, its an issue when you drag the new playerlist down. i have to drag down from the right edge just to scroll through it, while the old playerlist made it to where you can drag anywhere and it scrolls down. however, i do love the redesign though as its more hidden than the old one!

1 Like

Do you have any evidence (eg a microprofile) to prove that it’s laggier? Looking at the source, the new player list should be faster

1 Like

I like this player leaderboard better. It just seems smoother.

3 Likes

Still don’t like it and always hide. This raises another problem that you don’t see your stats near your username. Please add that feature back.

5 Likes

Every time I try to scroll through the leader board, my camera gets zoomed in and out and I find that annoying and distracting.

7 Likes
3 Likes