PlayerList Updates

It is much better than the last version that was removed however, It still seems to be too big. I get that it’s taking a modern and minimalistic look and I like that but, multiple stats with its size makes it feel cluttered, claustrophobic.

5 Likes

So while I’m still not a fan of this, (man i hate nostalgia). Roblox have definitely done a good job improving it. It’s not longer in your face and doesn’t puke the devconsole with client errors anymore

:+1:Good Job on your end Roblox

1 Like

Not being able to see your own personal stats on top kills this new design for me. If we are going to have games with hundreds of players at once then it would not be optimal to scroll all the way down just to see how much cash you have, especially since each name takes up twice as much space as before.

8 Likes

I would be nice if you could recreate this UI but have it where you can have skins for it.

2 Likes

Please make it possible for us to choose between the old and new design.

13 Likes

If I can I can recreate this UI. I would need to find the function to send friend request and view player cloths and everything. I dont think its possible. I would have to look into it

Also another thing about the scrolling frame: If possible instead of changing the UI for scrolling make it where the scroll thing on the side of the screen fades if your not using it or your mouse is not hovering over it

This one is still way too oversized. There is too much space between players. Please revert this update to the previous player list.

For reference, check out this image what I mean with too much space between players:

3 Likes

Can developers still be able to change the new and updated player list on their own games?

2 Likes

So i was looking over the new playerlist and I see a massive issue…
Where is the Add Friend feature?
I think that no matter what, this should be on this clickable menu… otherwise this becomes a very pointless feature. It’s very rare that someone is going to look at someone’s appearance.

Please add the Add Friend/Remove Friend feature to this, even if it’s next to the Examine Avatar button… please add it.

5 Likes

I love the changes, thank you it looks good and better

Only official Roblox engineers are able to access Roblox’s website functions and the API, so I must disagree with you.

This is already a feature because when you click other players that are not yourself this menu appears:
PlayerList

With the screenshot you shared above this looks like it is intended behaviour because you can’t friend request yourself or follow yourself ect. Instead Roblox decided to remove these buttons when you click yourself because they aren’t necessary and only show you the examine avatar button.

I still think the player tabs and the context menu are too big. For people that have smaller screens with the context menu open it takes up just under half your screen. When in a live game there just seems to be too much attention drawn to the new player list.

9 Likes

The add friend/remove friend features already exist. You can’t add yourself as a friend.

Also I think that the context menu is too big. I feel like each row should be a little shorter in height because they look very large compared to the menu itself.

1 Like

While the new player list is cool (my eyes still hurt when seeing it but I’ll get used to it), it seems that one important feature from the old one is still missing - the topbar still doesn’t list the values that you have applied on your account. As I stated on my previous post, when the playerlist is collapsed, you can no longer see the values on the PlayerList (e.g. your money, gems, rank, progress, tokens, etc.) People sometimes prefer having the list collapsed, but the old list had the info listed on the topbar. I can list some games where the only way to see your money is through the list, and it was comfortable to see it in the top right at any time, not just when the playerlist is open.

3 Likes

What game is this in? I will take a look.

3 Likes

In Zombi rush. Now I just found a way to fix it but if you want I can join you super quick. Link: Zombie Rush - Roblox @TheGamer101
Also if you need to contact me on discord just send a friend request. I’m smith96q#7772

1 Like

I like to think this screenshot sums up my issues with the new playerlist.

Look how cluttered the screen is with how wide the leaderboard is. You can’t see your stats and it’s just bulky. I’m absolutely all for updating the layout, but I also think the game shouldn’t be obstructed, nor should the leaderboard be distracting and cover up so much.

16 Likes

I prefer the old one. This one looks like bad for my opinion.

8 Likes

Not a fan of this. I’m playing Project Lazarus right now where the player is locked in first person and I can’t even see my 6 player server’s stats. I cant scroll them either so I just have no way of knowing what they are. This was not the case with the older playerlist, on top of this playerlist looking bulkier. My screen is 1080p btw, surely I should be able to see the whole playerlist given its so small.

17 Likes