Procedural World Terrain Generation (Improved but still tentative!)

Hello there! :grin:

(Take Notice!) If you want to see the original old post to understand what I mean then here’s the link: Experimental World Generation (Biomes and Caves)

Updated Version: Procedural Terrain Generation (Improved and Contingent Progress!)

I’m presenting my newer and more polished terrain generation. I’ve improved it to be more amplified as well as dividing biomes much better than they were originally! (Vegetation might look a little off, I’m still working on the placement for those.)

New Generation:

5 Likes

More Images:

2 Likes
What are your opinions on this?
  • Great
  • Looks like Minecraft
  • Good
  • Okay
  • Meh
  • Too amplified
  • Bad

0 voters

1 Like

This concept is great, and I love the outcome of this noise generation technique. The outcome really resonates with the landscape of minecraft, although I’m not sure if that was what you were going for. Is this feature going to be implemented into a game of some sort ? If so, what would that game be about ?

This is mainly a mild project of mine that I’m doing for fun :slightly_smiling_face:. As of right now I’m not planning to do anything with it but I’ll make it open sourced after I optimize it so that other people can use it.

1 Like