PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

I’ve been using this app for already a month, I like this app, I prefer to use this over the website, anyways, I would like to share my problems about this:

1. For some reason, I log out automatically for no reason, I’m not sure why, the last time i logged in was yesterday in the afternoon, and when I checked today, I magically logged out. I tried this with multiple accounts and I still have the same issue, this doesn’t happen in the website.

2. Sometimes I have to join Private Servers through invite links, the thing is I don’t know any way to join that Private Server through link except opening the browser, it would be great if we could have a way to open Roblox links in the app and redirect us inside the app to that link (Like a game, Private Server link, group, etc.)

3. I can’t find a player search bar, unless I’m blind, my current workaround is searching in the game search bar the player’s name, then clicking “Search for players instead”, but sometimes there’re no games with the player’s name, showing no results and causing the “Search for players” button disappear.

4. Once I was trying to join a game my friend was playing, however, I wanted to join another server since I was banned from my friend’s server, so I had to open the Servers tab and join another server manually, all good, but the problem is that I would still join my friend’s server every time I would try to join a different server through the Servers tab.

For now these are my only issues, thanks for reading.

5 Likes

I’m concerned about the desktop app beta that can the VIP server links work?
I haven’t tried it but i want to see if the VIP sever link will make you join into the desktop app.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Just an update that this test has been increased to 5% of Windows users. No big changes besides that, please keep the bug reports incoming, we are continuously working on addressing them.

Thanks!

10 Likes

How do we know if we’re apart of the program?

1 Like

Eligible users will see a button to opt-in on their web Home page.

4 Likes

That’s fantastic but why don’t we just roll it out to everyone considering we have methods like this available:

If you don’t fix these, you may as well just make it as an opt in beta in settings.

Also, as far as I’m aware, there is no macOS version of this, why don’t we make a version for macOS? Users are going to be left out if its Windows only.

3 Likes

There might still be a lot of bugs and plus they might have patched those methods already.

They didn’t. They still work.

Yeah, I find it bizarre that they haven’t created a macOS version yet. More proof that they neglect macOS!

Hush! How else will we be able to access it if they actually fix it? :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not like I don’t want them to make it public I would love that to happen I just thought since they still won’t allow everyone to have it it still has bugs.

Sad part is my alternate has the beta, but my main doesn’t lol. Good for testing though!
My favorite portion:

• the old beta escape bar
  • the nice looking UI

It isn’t all that buggy. It just needs some refinement.

I know for a fact they haven’t patched it, I made a YouTube video on it and I’m still hearing success stories. Occasionally people will have issues because the folder can be in Program Files (x86) or Local AppData.

Critical Bug Report

Hello, A few hours ago I was automatically enrolled in the beta program of the new App, without having touched anything After My Roblox Updated.

And honestly now I find myself with an App that I did not want and it only creates lags and crashes while I try to enter the games

is there a way out of this program and not having this terrible app anymore?, Now I crash 80% of the time while trying to get into the game while before this update I had no problem!

@phri

2 Likes

Thanks for the bug report. Can you provide your tech specs so we can diagnose the issue.

You can opt out of the Roblox app beta by following the steps outlined here: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054053812-Roblox-Beta-App

Hello, Thank You For answering me within a short time.

Do I have to send my PC stastics?
Or I should describe the bug with more detail?
Since , it still seems strange to me that the app was activated by itself without touching any banner after the latest roblox update.
if it helps, I can also send a photo of my home page where there is no banner yet.

Edit:
for the question of exiting the Beta program I followed the instructions and everything returned as before, Now everything works again, Thank you!

UI Bug report

I am using this amazing app I got the ability to use today, and i go to save an avatar and when i try to name it, the text is super large!
image (the name is full on gucci)
I’m not sure if it’ll help or not but incase it does, i’m using an
HP ENVY x360 with a Ryzen 7 processor and AMD Radeon graphics.

(completely unrelated, but can i post suggestions for the app here?)

2 Likes

Yup! You can post feedback, just like @Sonostrano20 did, and I agree that does look like a pretty big UI.

1 Like

Hey there. I am disappointed to have noticed that the app is nothing but a poorly optimized replica of the play store version of the app.

What I mean is, apart from joining games, when I go to the premium or the groups’ page, I get a strange popup for that rather than it being directly shown on the app. I found that really bizarre and strange, and immediately drops the app’s quality for me.

This also looks extremely bland. Try to add some animated backgrounds or color to the app in general?

Alright, suggestions incoming!
Number one, there’s no advanced button anywhere!
(I’m a bit bad at drawing.)

For the body colors image, there’s enough room to put every brick color there so you might not need to add an “advanced” for body colors.

Number two, why not put Studio inside of the roblox app?
It’s a great idea, you could switch from website to studio almost instantly.

Number 3, Where are the IDs?

I’m assuming this would be added alongside the addition of the library/develop tab.
For Decal IDs, it could have a dropdown box [v] at the end to switch between the decal ID itself (the one in the URL) and the Image ID (The one that it changes to if you insert the decal ID into a decal in Studio, or via the use of Roblox+)

4 Likes

This is a browser version of the play store app, which is hella buggy on computer, and the browser version is actually quite smooth in my opinion. (My alternate got the BETA but I didn’t :sad: )

1 Like