PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Is there any way to opt out of this currently? I’ve been forced into it recently and find it quite annoying that I have to open task manager and kill the Roblox process if I want to quit out of a place without getting this “try the beta!” message. The settings within it do not have any scroll bars or opt out setting, as a few previous replies have mentioned, and I’d much rather just use Chrome as I already do.

2 Likes

1 Like

That will not work, he said that that button wasn’t there.

1 Like

Yeah, about that… that particular part of the menu doesn’t exist on my machine.

2 Likes

I found a method like a year ago when I tried enabling it, it had to do with the properties of the Roblox Player but I can’t locate the thread it was said on, I’ll let you know.

I didn’t find it yet but I found another method so hopefully this helps:

How to disable the Roblox Desktop app (Windows Only) - Resources / Community Tutorials - DevForum | Roblox

This worked, thank you.

A bit silly that I have to edit the registry because the button to opt out won’t show up, but it worked nonetheless.

1 Like

why was the ability to uninstall beta removed?

2 Likes

I dislike this change immensely. I would like to be able to Alt-F4 out of the game, as it is a common shortcut I use. Having to press it twice is undesirable and completely unexpected. I am unable to remove the beta, either through a brand-new alt account or my own account. I would heavily suggest you keep the option to disable it and not enable it forcefully in future, as it is heavily distressing to remove the ability to use a well-known and used shortcut as it is intended.

6 Likes

Would love to actually be able to opt out of this. It’s really cool that they COMPLETELY removed the option to opt out. Can’t even edit my registry, it gets reverted the moment you push play.

8 Likes

It’s kind of stupid because i pressed it and i wanted to see how much changed then i was gonna opt out again after but now i cant

Didn’t even press it and got forced to use it. So many issues that haven’t been fixed and they just force everyone to use it. Should always be an optional thing.

6 Likes

This app is more terrible, laggy, not user-friendly, forced, and just bad than it was.
You wanted to make a windows app but failed so badly that people ask you to make it better, you didn’t, you made it worse.

Roblox, this is the reason the hardcore community is in shambles, you don’t listen. You might think the 5 year olds that are on this platform are your fanbase, but they are not, they will leave the platform when they get bored. Some people care, some people kinda care, some people don’t. What you are failing to please is the wider community, you might be pleasing the people who like business, but you are not pleasing the hardcore community who want good things to happen, things that they like.

I know it’s hard to please them all, but just stop focusing on investors (who clearly aren’t interested), and just make Roblox better and more fun for everyone!

You also are trying to promote avatar diversity, but mainly use Rthro and the “classic” characters you use are from 2020.

Anyway, I just hope things improve.

7 Likes

i hate the beta app :angry:
but no matter what, while launching games from the website is normal, leaving the game brings me to the beta/desktop app
This is SO annoying because i use alot of website exclusive features such as website extensions (like RoPro, BTRoblox, RoGold, etc), and because of that, they’re now useless.
Thanks Roblox, very cool :confused:

4 Likes

They want you to experience 2010. They want you to not use any website plugins. They want you to use features that suck

i mean it’s a stupid idea

1 Like

This will allow you to forget the beta app ever existed:

Proof

You are not cool on saying that

There isnt hardcore community.

Investors are now the focus for ROBLOX since they are interested in ROBLOX.

Rthro is the future of roblox and you cant reject that. The classic characters are for nostalgia.

Never!

Funny that the proof is in the post you mentioned…

Don’t see a problem here? And there is a hardcore community, I am a part of it. It’s hard for power users to use the app.

I think it’s safe to say that they aren’t interested based on how low the stock gets. It’s only getting lower…

It is the future, but you missed the e point in the post. Promoting diversity means different things. Not just one.

At least be optimistic.

This is not proof,this is blatant fake liar proof

But…why?

They are still interested Despite the low stock.
Also give me proof.

But how?

I am already optimistic.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.