Have you ever found yourself in a tense standoff with cattle rustlers where you need instant access to a script or instance in your DataModel? Well then, have we got a feature for you! Available today, the Quick Open tool provides instant search through all instances in your place.
The Quick Open modal can be accessed with the Cmd+P (Mac) / Ctrl+P (Windows) hotkey or under the Find menu on the toolbar. This opens a modal that enables search through all instances with some neat features:
- Typing any character into the modal shows results with the matched part in bold
- Pressing Down selects an item and Enter opens it. You can also use the mouse
- Opening a script opens it in the Script Editor
- Other instances are highlighted in the datamodel
- Recent items are floated to the top of the list
- You can search by instance name or path name
- You can optionally respect case, only search scripts or use space as a wildcard character
- In particularly thorny situations, you can even search using regular expressions!
Pressing Esc or clicking outside of the modal closes it.
Please let us know what you think!
EDIT (03/23/20): Quick Open now supports searching native Studio actions and PluginActions. Using Cmd+Alt+P (Mac) / Ctrl+Alt+P (Windows) or inserting a “>” at the beginning of your search will enable this functionality.